Drifter

@lordirishdas All right thanks, and Ireland already is Magic. Btw its Onarax, Toa is a title like Sir.

Quick thing, in this is it possible for someone to be say… from England AND use magic? Because although they may all have their own specialities someone may want to be from one place but use tech/genetics/magic… If you get what I mean? :stuck_out_tongue:

@EvilNorton I get want you’re saying and yeah remember while the cults control the cults control the governments of different regions. Each cult will have hidden bases within the region thus allowing you to be from anywhere and still have any cult.

@Toa_Onarax

What I meant is that if they were fundamental Muslims then it is likely they would not accept genetic engineering. Although, such a stance isn’t different from other fundamentalists from certain religions or special interest groups

As for a good reason to go tech, if you’re going for the nationalist stance for the Pakistani cult, then you could perhaps attribute it to a secret breakthrough from their nuclear research, which as you should know was initiated as a response to India’s nuclear program.

@ScarletGeish Yup I know all right so many conversations at a family friend’s house have that conversation. Anyway I do like the idea.

@Toa_Onarax Thanks for clearing that up. :smiley:

@EvilNorton No prob

I’ll probably be posting a map with the regions we’ve decided upon soon.

You have Japan genetic and China magic. How about the Koreans. With a North/South divide it would be good to see the north as magic (like their only ally, China) and the South as tech based (with their USA presence).

@andymwhy Actually South would havee to be Genetic by your reasoning but I do like the idea.

http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/10050000/10050326_0d26_625x625.jpg

Ok this is a map of the regions we’ve decided upon so far.
Red-Tech
Green-Genetic
Blue-Magic
The Green/Blue Grid is for Egypt due to its indecision.

I’ll update this every time we decide on a new region.

By the way I’m always looking for a new ideas, so if you have one say it no matter how stupid it may sound to you. Who knows I may like or adapt it.

I would like to suggest names. We’ll use English, it being the lingua franca of the world (We’re speaking it now, aren’t we, and I think we’re an internation crowd). But perhaps it’ll have translations in under languages.

Magic Cult could be called ‘The Cosmic Convergence’ and named so because magic is seen as manipulating cosmic energies, and by convergence it means both those energies and the mages meeting together.

Tech Cult could be called ‘The Foundation’ which implies that the study of science and mathematics would help them learn the nature of the principles the universe is founded upon, and how these principles can be applied to create something better.

Genetic Cult could be called ‘Sapience Beyond’ which sounds kind of modern to reflect their age, and the name describes their goal to make humanity a better species through aritifically triggering evolution and creating conditions to force specific changes.

I like the The CC(already has an abbreviation), and The Foundation, however Sapience Beyond just doesn’t cut it for me, and at this point I still like The Changeling Society.

Also taken a cue from Æon. I’ve decided to stylize the title so tell me which to you like best.

ÐrifŦer
ÐrifƮer
Ðrifʈer
Ðrifŧer

I like the third best.

Neither the second or third render on my phone.

@Reaperoa
Those both have hooked T’s

@Toa_Onarax I guessed that. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just saying that those may be uncommon enough characters to not render on every device (just something to be wary about). Also, I’d strongly recommend having the actual title (such as on the market if you’re submitting it to CoG) be just plain ‘Drifter’ (I’m doing the same with just plain Aeon Sage), as I can tell you that looking for a game with nonstandard characters can be one hell of a pain. (Also I like the last one the best).

@Reaperoa Yeah that’s what I will do.

Oh and did anyone take a look at the map.

I have.

@ScarletGeisha Thoughts

Alright so far. You could fill in the area Thailand and Malaysia too, if you think my suggest of Thailand being magic and Malaysia being tech is workable.