Dragon Kin (WIP)

You had me at dragons

9 Likes

The story had me at dragons as well, and I love how my MC can be a humble healer and hiding between the humans without hurting anyone.

I love our ROā€™s a lot (T and G) and Iā€™m interested to see more about J and C

Iā€™m looking forward to read more about your story :grinning:

10 Likes

I want to report the line about the Pride, after selecting humble decision (the Middle option) it doesnā€™t get greyed out, testing it out with continuing with third option greyed the pride option.

And this one corps? Maybe author mean Body or chest?

2 Likes

Nice update already! Cannot wait to adventure further and maybe even mingle with the guild. Now Iā€™m curious on how we would be evaluated. It seems levels and skills are important but according to MC he doesnā€™t have any so im curious.

Povs of certain people would be nice. Fleshing them out more. (In reality I just wanna see what the characters think of my MCs brutal fights and mushy love stuff lmfao)

I noticed that Tanya gets changed from her to him a lot. If needed I can track these down. Shouldnā€™t be hard since Tanya just showed up and weā€™re not very far into it.

Keep this up. You are killing it! Making me a fan of dragons lol.

11 Likes

If I am going to make a suggestion itā€™s about the time skip, I think jump 1 decade just like that kinda missed opportunity for character growth for the MC.

It should be filled with how the dragon slayer pursuit is like, how far this hunter group willing to go, how respectable their method is, a lot of things can be told as part of world building like how general population feel about Dragon Kin and dragonslayer and since weā€™re touching fantasy theme here, is there other races out there beside Human and Dragon Kin? How they fare? Whatā€™s the relationship between other races? Maybe touch some general political situation in this nation which MC reside, any interesting events is going on?

The filler doesnā€™t need to be spanning 10 years, maybe just up until our MC reach current village where MC become hunter, blacksmith or the herbalist.

Maybe also includes MC growth have when in flight? Like MC learning how to use weapon/martial arts, maybe stealing or buying armor and supplies, because while itā€™s powerful using dragon claw/transforming into true form, it probably attract unwanted attention.

8 Likes

Please update the post with dates as well whenever thereā€™s an update, if possible. I wasnā€™t aware of the update until I saw the comments. Also a save option would be a great addition.

5 Likes

Loved every word of it straight up made an account just to let you know im keeping up with this one for sure

5 Likes

The description of the flame power in the village is missing after defeating the bandits at the festival.

2 Likes

Hello! The Pride multichoice in the beginning not greying out is an issue I am aware of but admittedly have not found a way to fix it yet. I did find the type you mentioned second and fixed that though, fixed for the next update :+1:

9 Likes

Sure thing, Iā€™ll edit the post. Save option should be in the next update

12 Likes

Thank you thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There are a lot of questions and I LOVE a lot of your theories and requests. I promise Iā€™m not ignoring them, but there are quite a few items I canā€™t go into detail about or answer due to spoilers.

19 Likes

Just want to say that Im really digging this and please keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True we havenā€™t seen how powerful and relentless those dragon hunters are and the year jump is quite big. Some development of the MC could fill it in a bit training to blend in.

2 Likes

So far I rather enjoy this WIP. The pacing is decent, the plot is interesting, and better yet the different POVs are not overwhelmingly info busters and keep spoilers away from the reader while perhaps dropping a few hints along the way.

There are a few small pronoun errors and a few other errors as other said but other than that well done. I look forward to more.

4 Likes

Because itā€™s the freaking middle ages my dude itā€™s very hard to track information especially a creature that literally can fly and it has human intelligence

1 Like

Debatable, Some people have extremely good tracking skill and gifted with varied skill, like with appraisal skill and stuff ( our little friend for example) they can see through our disguise, also donā€™t forget about our friend Father, this is world of magic it seems people have ability and pretty varied at that.

So while the setting is middle ages itā€™s rather have the means to track us down, because this hunter is
S rank, SS rank dragon hunter there is even SSS rank.

We on the other hand is still quite young, foolish and inexperienced, 5 years old? Possibly 8 years old when bandit fight happen, many of this hunter has been serving for decades even surely some is capable enough sniffing our track.

1 Like

gems.

1 Like

Well it is what it is. Perhaps they have their own reliable method but it is shown that they trust more of the standing of the person then the word of the person as shown at the beginning. That and people of their own organization as well

2 Likes

In the beginning they didnā€™t trust report because weā€™re kinda new player and the other dragonkin do seem pose bigger threat than us, I mean weā€™re still pretty much a baby :laughing:.

It is different after bandit event because for obvious reason we make a mess of that mountain surely thatā€™s treat enough right now, beside the dragon slayer do see us so now our existence is confirmed by eyewitness.

Also the fact the hunt for other dragon kin is not doing well, the organization need result to maintain their budget

1 Like