Do you have friends who don’t like reading?

While I wouldn’t say I absolutely love reading, there are a few books that I’ve read in my life that I enjoyed and would reread with pleasure. I’m quite picky when it comes to books and I get bored quite easily. The last book I read was “A Mirror Above the Abyss” by Oleg Lurye - came across it randomly on my Amazon recommendations, saw it was free and decided to give it a shot. Definitely worth it! If you’re interested in political history and conspiracy theories, I would definitely recommend it to you!

Most of my friends don’t read, only read best-selling books and skill books.
For games, they only like mobile games and MOBA.
I looked like a freak with a book on my graduation trip,
so I have given up looking for like-minded people around me.

All my friends dont like read books. I believe the majority of people who able to read actually dont like read books

Majority of my friends only ever read when it’s necessary, like studying for tests. I’ve tried getting them to read something outside of school but they just aren’t interested. :’)

I’ve never liked reading honestly. I find I just get bored really quickly. IF works because the addition of choices makes it more stimulating. I play IF all the time now and I can say I read more now than I ever have, but books still bore me. That’s not to say I dislike books as a concept or anything. I wish I was able to focus my attention long enough to actually make progress and absorb a book, but I just can’t. It’s too bad because I love learning but I have to use alternative sources like YouTube videos and games to learn about stuff. I’ve tried audio books but the lack of visual stimulation leads to the same result… boredom.

1 Like

I’ve actually loved reading since I was little, but I haven’t been able to focus on reading unless it’s fanfiction or I already know the source material. It just doesn’t provide me with enough stimulation anymore. When I got into IF’s, I actually tried to get a friend into it. She got like, halfway through a book before dropping it and saying it was way too boring for her. Haven’t recommended it to anyone else.