Divided We Fall- A Spanish Civil War WIP

@WulfyK added you, thanks!

I’m not finished but I’ve noticed some errors in the first page program was programme and on the part where you choose how Morales is going to have his men proceed instead of army there was amry and when you choose how Maria reacts to the men cheering about violence if she is disgusted by it she says I think i am throw up

@Iceman262 programme is the British English spelling, the correct English :wink: But thanks for the other pointers!

1 Like

What, a game about the Spanish Civil War?! How didn’t I find out about your project sooner?!

I’m from Spain, my grandfather was drafted by the Republicans… and surrendered himself to the Nationalists :-/

I’ll have a look at the game and try to give you some feedback :wink:

@bmbp I can link you the finished game if you like
That’s very infesting about your grandad btw, there was a high number of conscripts who ended up serving in both armies

Please do!

¡Gracias!

Yes, it basically depended on where you where when the war broke out. By the way, congratulations on knowing Spanish history so well!

Hey is there still placd for somebody to test :smiley:

@bmbp thanks, I’ve studied it at university and find it extremely interesting, which I guess is why I wrote this!
@cyanide of course, I’ll add you

Well, you’d be surprised to know that for some people the war is not over. Politically speaking, today the right would be the nationalists and left the Republicans.

What, really? :open_mouth: After rading both this post and the ultimate page of the game’s epilogue, shoud I starting worrying about you, @poison_mara and other spaniards here?

Yeah, he is totally right, we are at a brink or another civil war due Catalonia. They want to secede from us without follow constitution. That is one of the reasons civil one theme is senstimefor us now. Always was, really Franco had been making people remember it 40 years treating the other faction survivors like shit, some families of my grandfather died of famine in the 40s due they were the functionaries in republic and he wiped his salaries all of them

Hehe, not to worry! It’s mostly political nowadays. Some say that the uprising was justified and others don’t, they argue call each other names… like democrats and republicans, I guess?

Hi @poison_mara, don’t worry. Catalonia doesn’t have an army. They can keep trying to gain “independence”, but not through force.

Well, they haven’t an army, but the government doesn’t have the cojones to use the federal execution in the constitution. Is the right central government having to suspend autonomy of the state if they don’t follow the constitutional perceptions. With army included. They would provoke a war in less twenty five years read my words. Many of esquerra republican a were terrorists.

Let’s make sure it doesn’t come to that then :wink:

Just to get this straight, Cojones means balls right?

Yeah, but cojones is in Spanish more emphatic, stronger than balls or eggs for us

A post was merged into an existing topic: Divided We Fall Q&A (Released)