Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

whoopsie daisy, thank you for the info

Edit: @dashingdon found the cause, bit defenders latest update is responsible

it wont load for me.

working now…

Hello everyone, I have this problem with dashing dong. It seems that I have must typed the password incorrectly and without this confirm password feature I didn´t even found out. I tried to reset the password but nothing! I checked all my mailboxes and tried to resend it but nothing! Still not sending any password changer. I can´t figurate out the pass and now I can´t even get it changed. Has anyone expirienced this bug? I am rally lost with it. If you can help then please.

Don’t we all? :roll_eyes:

Honestly it’s probably taking a while to send the e-mail. You did confirm which e-mail the account is connected to didn’t you?

1 Like

Try to get in touch with @dashingdon.

Make sure you remember the original e-mail address you used to create the account.

Be sure to check your spam folder, as emails from dashingdon.com can sometimes end up there. If you haven’t received an email at all from the reset password feature, feel free to send me a message and I can help.

1 Like

I let the SSL certificate lapse like a complete goober so the site wasn’t working on HTTPS for a few hours or so. Fixed now.

6 Likes

Ah, the one that will become a COG legend. I was wondering where that site came from… now i know!

1 Like

Does anyone know why theres alot of 404 errors in dashington

The author didn’t upload their story.

A bug preventing games that have been set as ‘updated’ from bumping up the listings has been fixed. Many thanks to @Interestedparty for bringing to my attention.

8 Likes

I’ve encountered a bug using the built-in save system plug-in on the website. Saving at different points of the game in multiple save slots still creates the same messages as before, but loading any of them brings up only the most recent save. And sometimes, saving on one slot actually saves on a different slot. For example, trying to save on Slot 0 instead overwrites Slot 2.

Edit: Clicking around on the slots seems to remedy the situation, although I’m not quite sure why. :sweat:

Hello! I’m loving the site so far, thank you! :blush:

I’ve got a problem though. I think the site isn’t updated with the newest version of CS?

There was a bug displaying variables in opposed stats which was fixed, but it’s still displaying incorrectly in Dashingdon.

I’ve updated CS to the latest version available at GitHub. I have tested a few games to ensure there weren’t any big issues but let me know if anyone experiences any issues.

Not sure on the save plugin issue but I will try to look into it when I get some time.

4 Likes

@dashingdon

Is the *link command working?

Yes, it’s working as intended – which seems to be outputting BB code.

*link https://dashingdon.com

becomes

[url=https://dashingdon.com]https://dashingdon.com[/url]

Looking at the JavaScript, this is the intended function of that command although I don’t know the use of it being that [url] [/url] isn’t converted into an actual link.

If you want a proper HTML link instead, I suppose I would recommend using *link_button maybe?

2 Likes

When it runs through Choicescript, it does turn it into a regular link without the [url] stuff around it.

The *link_button works perfectly. Thanks @dashingdon you’re the best!!

1 Like

hi ive been looking through the site and its great,many good stories. but the problem is that there is no way of telling how complete and game is. ive read some that are fairly fleshed out and enjoyable but others seem great but end three pages in without warning.
so i was wondering if theres any way to filter stories based on completion or like a rating system or something like that. and if not if it would be possible to implement something like that?

2 Likes

So not to stress you or anything but there’s this weird thing happening when I upload my game on dashingdon. I’ll provide screenshots cause it helps…
So I have this game that the startup looks like this:

As you can see, the sm_init is at the end of the create functions. I upload this to the dashingdon server, and I’m 100% sure I uploaded the right one, cause it’s says in the date.

That is today.
But then when I go look in the current scene files in dashingdon it shows this:
It’s at the top of the create functions, which is causing me an error. I’ve tried logging out and closing the window and coming back. I’ve tried using the Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox. I’ve tried clearing my cache and using private windows, but nothing seems to work.

I hope it’s just me overlooking something or being my dumb self and not a fault in your system. Best of luck, don’t stress too much about this because I’m going to try other solutions to see if it works.