Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

Hello people inside my computer,

The next version of ‘dashingdon.com’ is finally ready for beta testing. Here are some of the features:

• Updated software and hardware
  • Increased security and updated encryption
  • Updated themes, one additional theme, and now full support for the classic CS style
  • Ability to search for games based on titles and descriptions
  • Signed-in members can add games to their Favorites list for easy replays
  • Date of lastest game update is displayed
  • Unique views are tallied for every game and displayed
  • Centralized uploading (upload scenes and game assets simultaneously)
  • Authors can view their game’s current scene list and easily delete scene files
  • Automated word count of all your scenes at the press of a button (automatically excludes comments and code) - currently only works with tabbed code
  • Games can be made public, kept private (can accessed by only those with the directly URL), or restricted (only the author’s pre-approved logged-in members can access the game)
  • Loading and saving game states server-side, saves are attached to your account and not to your browser (requires author to permit saves for the game)
  • Authors can directly edit their game variables in a ‘dev save’ for ease of testing

I need some beta testers to test the interface, functionality, and user experience. If you’re interested, and preferably have a demo game to upload for testing, please message me here on the forum with your preferred nickname/nom de plume as well as your email address. I will create your account and send you a link via email that will allow you to set your password for the new system.

18 Likes