Dashingdon: Free ChoiceScript Game Hosting

It’s raining updates around here.

• Editing and uploading files is now less compartmentalized and more user-friendly
  • TXT files are now prevented from being cached, so updated scenes will show immediately (on compliant browsers)
  • Authors now have the option of providing “feedback” URL for readers to find your game discussion here at Choice of Games (or elsewhere if you’re a heathen) - button will appear on the bottom left of your game card
  • Some database updates that nobody cares about; not even me

That’s it for now. On the docket next I think is adding categories so that people can find what they like. Maybe search functionality. I dunno.

EDIT I just put in functionality to allow Twitter posts to the @dashingdon_com Twitter account when your game is first made available or when it is updated. I was messing with Twitter for something else the other day and thought, eh, why not? I dunno if anyone will use it or follow it or whatever but that account won’t be used for anything other than game updates so maybe people will like it. People like weird things. Any feedback on this option would be good to have - even if you think it’s dumb and should be put out of its misery like Old Yeller. Thanks.

Oh yeah, also as a by-product of that I made “short” URLs for games available. They show up in your Manage Games area so you can share the more succinct URLs if you want (instead of dashingdon.com/play/super-awesome-guy/this-is-my-cool-game-name/mygame it would just some something like dashingdon.com/go/###)

EDIT AGAIN There’s nothing tweeted on that account right so first one to do it wins… uh… the first tweet!

Isn’t that exciting?

No, you say?

Rude.

14 Likes