Daria: A Kingdom Simulator (Releasing TODAY!)

A set percentage per day? So… There are attacks or assassination attempts every day? Or there are decisions that require the involvement of other kingdoms every day? Or did you mean a percent chance each day?

Currently there is a percent chance of a kingdom event every night. If you’re at war, there’s a chance of an attack. If you aren’t, some other event may occur that may alter the relationship.

Not really decisions in the traditional interactive fiction idea, but instead it’s more like gameplay.

Since I’ve been concentrating on the other parts, I’m not sure how well it works as a whole, although it seems pretty close.

7 Likes

To Lucid
If you have the chance to expand your options to your upcoming game, what would you add on your own?

To Readers, Viewers, and possible Beta Testers.
What would you suggest to Lucid to make his upcoming game more immersive, vast, and various in terms of gameplay, mechanics, storyline, and characters?

I’ll go first, I was thinking that since this is a Fantasy Management Game. I might suggest adding dimensions. Just my example

1 Like

I might calculate that the release of this game is from mid-2022 to mid-2023

I think the first page of this thread includes most of the final features. The addition of Nobles, Tournaments, and Endless mode should wrap it
up.

I worry about feature creep a little, but I like these last additions. It concludes the game nicely, which was something it needed.

The plot is finished except for the last half of the final chapter. So, feel free to guess the story. :slight_smile: Small spoiler: No dimensions or time travel this time.

Your guess is probably closer than mine. :slight_smile: I think it’ll be ready for Beta Test by April or May. Hopefully it finishes by the end of August and can release before 2023, but we’ll see. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d want to actually play the game before commenting on that, so I’ll wait for the open beta.

5 Likes

Cant wait for open beta too, or date of full game release. I always enjoy text based game that heavy stat based like this :astonished: >Hello :kissing_closed_eyes::wave:. Friendly Stat check fail >Hello, ya dickhead :unamused:

But I guess thats more Life of mobster, this is more of swamp castle type. Oh, of all 100 barbarians there’s 1 left? Well I guess we lost the game and our entire land now.

2 Likes

You’re just going to ignore the Demon Realm and Divine Realm Dimensions? Or was it before both dimensions exist?

1 Like

I suggest letting @Lucid bring his game forward and start testing, officially, before going too far into the details.

Feedback will be much more valuable, once everyone can tie it directly into the game.

Maybe I am misunderstanding @Lucid’s plans, but it looks like he wants to present the game in a more formal testing package than discuss bits and pieces before, in this thread.

8 Likes

Sorry, I’ll stop. Just until beta testing is open

2 Likes

I don’t think this game can even be called interactive fiction anymore, although there are still some elements. I think I’ve passed directly into a full-blown game at this point. :smiley:

On second thought. Spoiler: There actually IS a brief visit into the Divine Realm, now that I think about it. We meet the first Archmage of the Academy of Wizards, as well as the first Bishop of the Light too. :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Eiwynn, but it’s my fault. :slight_smile:

Here I am, writing several hours a day and making great progress, but I’m still just tossing bread crumbs of plot out there. :slight_smile:

It’s a bit of both. Yes, I won’t be sharing the game itself until I’m ready for Beta Testing. (Maybe end of March?) But, I enjoy the speculation and guessing. And you never know when these discussions end up inspiring me and becoming part of the game/story. Although it’s mostly finished, there are a few places where ideas can still grow.

Your call. :slight_smile: If you don’t mind me being stingy and cagey with my half-answers, I don’t mind doling out small snippets and having fun with it. :smiley:

I really am making awesome progress.

As I mentioned elsewhere, my wife got COVID 3 days ago, so I have to isolate too. It’s not much more than a cold (luckily) so no worries. My daughter caught it yesterday too, but so far, my son and myself are still uninfected. As long as I’m isolating, writing, not too sick, and family not too sick, this could be a good thing as it gives me lots of extra time. :smiley:

Okay, back to work for a bit. I’m finishing up my last noble. Then I go on to the last half chapter, tournaments, and endless mode. And then balance some more numbers, an alpha test or two, and we’ll be into Beta Testing.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about the two places from either the elves or the dwarves that attacked the MC’s home in Life of a Wizard. The Elven Glade and the Dwarven Forge. The Glade’s waters help with the physical attributes of the MC, while the Forge allows the MC to create an artifact from a regular sword, mace, or dagger and/or improve the golem’s attributes. There are also the two divine swords, Souldrinker and Holy Avenger from Lost Heir 3. My guess is that these two divine swords came from the same forge in Life of a Wizard and then both swords are blessed by both sides of the Divine Realm. Holy Avenger is blessed by the good gods, Souldrinker might be a different story if anyone has been playing a Dark Knight MC in Lost Heir but I think that it might be either blessed or cursed by the evil gods. That is my connection guess unless you have a better idea of where these two divine swords came from.

PS. I might find more connections in the Medieval Era of Daria games

Question: What are you going to do next when Life of a Space Force Captain is released and your upcoming game is finished and sent

1 Like

Will the endless mode have a percentage chance of story type events still occuring. I don’t know exactly what your plans are but I love these games and all the choice games you’ve done so far and if there’s a chance to draw out random story scenes or maybe reach some “you are the absolute best” here is a secret scene or 3 depending on your alignment or other choices, that’d be really cool.

(My main ask because I ramble a lot is if it’s going to be mostly gameplay in endless mode or will it still have story elements up to the grindy-bitter end)

The elves play a larger role in this game, but we do see the dwarves too. :slight_smile: Actually, we see quite a few familiar things, although nothing no knowledge is needed to play. This game is intended to be entirely stand-alone, but you know me, I love those Lucidverse connections. :smiley:

I sure wish I could be writing it now. We’re still shaking off the end of COVID here and we’re all exhausted and brain-fogged. Oh well, it’s a marathon, not a race. :slight_smile:

That’s a great theory. :smiley:

That’s always the big question. :slight_smile: As you said, first I have to get Life of a Star Force Captain finished. I have some more work to do, now that the files have returned from the content and copyeditor. And yes, I definitely want to fully complete Kingdom Simulator and release it.

But, after that? Honestly, it’s a complete mystery. I have several dozen games started, so I’ll likely return to one of them, but I could start something new. Honestly, I don’t know and I won’t know until these two are finished.

There won’t be an end, in endless. :slight_smile: But I do like the idea of story snippets after the main story has ended. I’ve played a few games where this kind of thing happens and it always interests me. But, to be honest, it will be small. My main goal is the game itself and the endless mode really will be endless, but yes, I likely will add a few fun things for those who grind there was towards infinity. :smiley:

6 Likes

Awesome! I love all the fantasy games you’ve done, it’ll be nice to have another one to play. Although I read a few comments in this topic that make me think I’ve missed a few cool things in The Lost Heir so now I’m probably going to have to play through a few more times with less magic than I normally like to use.

I meant " the end " as in losing in endless mode, since I’m sure I’ll make a mistake or two on the way.

I’d love to know what inspired you, especially for all the magic fantasy books. I DM a lot of DnD and tried once to translate that storytelling into the choicescript and it’s definitely harder than I thought especially to keep a nice writing flow going.

4 Likes

I have several connection theories if you want to hear them. Firstly, It regards Soulburners. , why are they hated in LH series? They could’ve researched that power so that they can use it without killing innocent people. Magic isn’t really good or evil, it is the user who chooses how they use their magic.

Secondly, vampires. I recall that P’s Parents made a deal with a vampire. How can that be possible? They aren’t seen in Life of a Wizard. The last known vampire is in LH2 and LH3 if MC becomes a Vampire Lord. <You might’ve included some simple mechanics from Vampire: The Masquerade into Lost Heir 2 and 3.> After that, that’s it. No known vampire activity in future games.

I am running out of ideas for connections.

4 Likes

Can you become a emperor and rule vast empire

2 Likes

The game has an interesting dynamic. Although you can lose, once you’ve established your kingdom, you’re more likely to hit setbacks than full losses.

It’s true, I’m a big reader: Stephen King, Raymond E. Feist, Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson, George RR Martin, Tolkein, Patrick Rothfuss, Ursala K. Leguin, Neil Gaimon, Lev Grossman, Joe Abercrombie… I could be here a while. :slight_smile:

I’ve loved Dungeons and Dragons since I was a kid. I played 2nd Edition through high school and university. But then came families, so I had to stop as I lost time to get together with friends.

But, I found Play By Email Games, and later I found entire sites dedicated to Play By Post games. Suddenly I was writing full stories while playing games again. I upgraded to edition 3.5, but I can’t get my head into the new editions. :slight_smile: Honestly, it was these games that turned me from a player into a writer. :smiley:

And of course, lot of games too. I’m a huge Skyrim fan. I’ve played all of the Elder Scroll games from way back. I loved Warcraft, Starcraft, Loom, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate, Civilization, Portal, Minecraft, Diablo, etc.

Very good theories! I think you’ll find lots of cool throwbacks in the new game.

You start off by ruling a small group of people as a tribe. It grows into a full kingdom with huge armies and many buildings. Not an empire though, since this is the Kingdom of Daria. :slight_smile: But yes, I’d say it gets pretty vast by the end.

10 Likes

That list of books you just posted? That’s, like, almost all of my favorites right there

1 Like

Will there be a cheat menu

3 Likes