Curse of the Blooming Lotus (WIP)

Hello. Iโ€™m alive. Hereโ€™s a side project Iโ€™m working on, thatโ€™s influenced by east-asian culture.

.๐‡๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐ข๐›๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐ซ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐’๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐š๐ซ๐ฒ.

Six years ago everything you ever knew came apart in the blink of an eye.

The Emperor is dead.

Youโ€™re on the run and cursed to die.

The people youโ€™ve considered to be your friends have turned against you.

But the worst part? Is that none of it was your fault.

Youโ€™ve been named as the treasonous heir and forced into hiding.

After your fateful escape, someone hunts for you. And it isnโ€™t just the people of the palace or the guards. Itโ€™s someone who hates you more than the empire itself and heโ€™ll do whatever it takes to see you dead.

Watch your step. Watch your back, because whatever you do and however you do it, he will find you and follow you to the ends of the earth.

What youโ€™ve done to him is why he does this and it is simply because you exist .

The curse youโ€™ve been saddled with only causes complication and the only way to break it is by trading one soul for another, but unfortunately, itโ€™s never as simple as it seems.

Uncover the paths of secrets and deception. Learn the truth and weed out the evil within.

Either way, someone must die.

.๐…๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ.

• Play as a male, female or non-binary character.
  • Customise your appearance, personality and more.
  • Face your past. But which one?
  • There are secrets to be uncovered but sometimes secrets should stay as it is. Hidden away.
  • Visit one or more level(s) of the hell.
  • The enemy is closer than you think.
.๐‘๐Ž๐ฌ.

โ—ฆ Zhi Lan (F)

The daughter of the general of the imperial army. She was once your friend who now hunts for you.

Description:

177cm/5โ€™10. She has dark smokey hair that reaches her mid-back, a part of it tied up into a ponytail with a long silken red ribbon. Her eyes shining as brightly as the sun, it glows a dangerous amber. Skin with a shade just lighter than her fatherโ€™s tanned, itโ€™s fair, a scar running from her cheek down to her jaw.

In conflict with her duty to the empire and her past relations with you, others may find itโ€ฆexploitable.

โ—ฆ Huo Yujin (F/M)

The ruler of the kingdom of blood roses. They want revenge for their kingdom. Blood for blood. Except there is only one person they want to bleed.

Description:

(F) Huo Yujin:

175cm/5โ€™9. She has long, stark white hair, the longest youโ€™ve seen. Itโ€™s been tied into a long ponytail, a golden hairpin securing it in place. Her eyes are as cold as a winterโ€™s breeze, shimmering with the colour of an icy blue. Skin with the shade of porcelain, she hides it with her robes.

(M) Huo Yujin:

180cm/5โ€™11. He has long, stark white hair twisted into a braid that drapes over his shoulder. A golden hairpin, split in half, acts as a collar chain. His eyes are as cold as a winterโ€™s breeze, shimmering with the colour of an icy blue. Skin with the shade of porcelain, he hides it with his robes.

After surviving a tragedy, burn marks arenโ€™t the only thing that has left them scarred.

โ—ฆ Sebastian Beaumont (M)

The innkeeper with a past. He likes to help so long as you donโ€™t pry into his secrets.

Description:

180cm/5โ€™11. He enjoys wearing bamboo hats that cover his short brown hair, hair that he occasionally ties into a ponytail. His eyes are a warm hazel, comforting and kind. Skin with a dark shade, he wears a thin sapphire chain around his wrist- a gift from his father.

While he exudes a gentle air, he shares more similarities with your past than youโ€™d think.

โ—ฆ Augusta/August (F/M)

The killer who lurks in the dark. They owe a debt that must be paid, be it with their life, they will pay it.

Description:

(F) Augusta:

170cm/5โ€™7. She has dark blonde hair, almost perceived as brown. It stops by her shoulder, which she sometimes ties up into a ponytail with a thin, short ribbon depending on her mood. The colour of her eyes is an unusual pale colour and her skin, a shade of a yellowy tan thatโ€™s been littered with faint lines of scars.

(M) August:

172cm/5โ€™8. He has dark blonde hair, almost perceived as brown. Itโ€™s cut to a medium length, that he ties with a thin, short ribbon. The colour of his eyes is an unusual pale colour and his skin, a shade of a yellowy tan thatโ€™s been littered with faint lines of scars.

As carefree as they may seem, they are calculated, always having something up their sleeves.

.๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ .

August 11th 2021

• Prologue ~ 34,010
  • Chapter One ~ 23,228
  • Total word count: 57,238
๐Ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐๐’

As for feedback Iโ€™m mostly looking for typos, bugs, continuity errors and grammar.

Stats are confusing and horrible soโ€ฆIโ€™m sorry about that :]

I also wanted to change brother/sister/sibling to ge/jie but I donโ€™t know the gender-neutral term for it. (thatโ€™s what happens when your mandarin is rusty as hell)

๐‹๐ข๐ง๐ค๐ฌ: โ—ฆ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐จ โ—ฆ ๐“๐ฎ๐ฆ๐›๐ฅ๐ซ โ—ฆ

๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ˆ๐…?

Regarding The Fifth Horseman: Fear. If you didnโ€™t see on my tumblr post, long story short is my laptop combusted on me and I lost all my files to the rewritten version of the game which was a lot and I havenโ€™t had it in me to rewrite all of it again.

Soโ€ฆas much as I hate to say this, it has been cancelled. I may go back to it once Iโ€™m finished with this one, though the plot may completely change and will take a long time before I actually start writing for it again.

427 Likes

You know the name of this game should not sound as dangerous to me as it does but I was instantly on edge when I read it I thought the Lotus was a peaceful flower

4 Likes

Let me guess, heโ€™s a ex vampire hunter, his family has been killing monsters for generations.

36 Likes

This is just absolutely amazing, kidna got mad that we got left with the cliffhanger but I understand. Although I guess thereโ€™s one grammar mistake is where near the end where you say our name has turned into a bad omen, you use our fake name instead of our real name

6 Likes

Iโ€™ll admit, itโ€™s been a looong time since I had not been so sold on a WiP around here. Great job, Iโ€™m definitely eager to see more.

1 Like

Sounds good and like it could be a cdrama

3 Likes

This is really good got sad on some parts keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Hello! Here are just a couple of things that I noticed. One of them repeats the text as if two choices were made simultaneously. I chose romantic choice for Zhi Lan, but the text also showed me the text for platonic one I assume. Another screenshot is a bit confusing. Is it she or he? I was playing as cis female.

Sad to hear about Fifth Horseman. I hope that it someday gets re-published. I loved it. Good luck on your current game. Itโ€™s already starting to work on my heart strings :pleading_face:

2 Likes

For some reason I was half-expecting Wu Huarou (the bully at the festival) to say โ€œๆ‰พๆญปโ€(courting death=>reference to wuxia/xianxia manhuas). :joy:
Anyway, Iโ€™m curious to see where the story will go. Enjoyed it so far. Will be keeping a close eye on it.

6 Likes

@Mei_Hiroshi hmm I think the first one ya mentioned is actually a intentional one on the authors part.

Did notice a few typos and the like here and there beyond the stated ones donโ€™t have a screen shot for them. Yet loving what you got going with this story and looking forward to seeing more.

I no itโ€™s a long shot but I do hope our characters can get the truth out there and the puppeteer punished.

1 Like

I am HOOKED! Also super hero for Zhi Lan childhood friends to enemies lovers (hopefully). Just I am super into this WIP.

3 Likes

I am super intrigued by this idea! I really love the setting most of all, but damn that plot hook got me good!

3 Likes

I love this already! Very interesting, I wonder what the dagger has to do with the mc and their past? :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope we wonโ€™t have to kill our cousin

2 Likes

Its great to see another Chinese history themed story, loved what Iโ€™ve read so far and canโ€™t wait for more!

7 Likes

Ya love the Chinese and Japanese like stories, now we just need a Chinese cultivation story, those are good

4 Likes

I love this so far, very good at drawing emotion.

1 Like

you leave me speechless

2 Likes

This was awesome!! And the demo was a lot longer than I expected, even just a momentary interaction with the newer ROs was enough to get me excited, I think that a certain ROs interaction was changed by the background I chose The noble from the rose kingdom, and my background was that was where the emperor found me, so he mightโ€™ve recognized me from back then Do the other ROs also have unique interactions with certain backgrounds?

1 Like

This is so good and I am so sad from the prologue

Zhi Lan ;-;

10 Likes