[CSIDE] The ChoiceScript IDE (v1.3.3 Now Available — 05/09/2022)

@Fiogan Thanks for checking! Hmm wierdness. CSIDE and me just don’t seem to get along very well lol. I can’t get it to display on the side like you have as well. (It keeps telling me there’s problems with it even when it passes quick and random tests even before I try to put a picture in. “Compilation error. lines is not defined”)
Yep gosub_scene in the main file with a return at the end of the image file.

lol @Eiwynn. Off topicness~ It’s actually for the short story but it sounds like you have some idea how many classical pictures are of Oedipus running around with very little clothing on. I wouldn’t have thought an artfully draped sash was ideal attire for fighting a Sphinx, but there you go. In saying that I really should delete my browsing history, sometimes others use my computer and they might get the wrong idea if they start going though it.

1 Like

one more off-topic: I had that same exact thought while researching underwater explosives. :100:

I’m sure @Fiogan and @CJW will forgive our sidebar. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I could definitely work with the idea of an on/off review function, but I wouldn’t have the time or expertise to produce something as good as grammarly! Maybe a subset of its features would be possible though? I doubt there’s any legal way to incoporate grammarly itself into the IDE.

@Jacic would you mind PMing me the image in question?

3 Likes

Whatever you can do would be appreciated - your wizardly skills already are legendary as they are :smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, regarding shortcuts on mac, command shift t (for randomtest) opens the most recently closed tab in the browser window instead, and command t (for quicktest) opens new tabs.

I’m on Chrome and guessing I missed an ‘only use CSIDE with firefox’ message somewhere.

Actually, the automated tests aren’t supported in the web version at present. One of the only things that isn’t. It’s annoying, but there are some technical reasons for it.

1 Like

My mistake thank you!

1 Like

Running a tiny bit of market research, if anyone wouldn’t mind answering on one of these polls (not both! :wink: ).

Would you make use of a CSIDE mobile app?

• Yes/All the time
  • Possibly/Occasionally
  • Doubtful/Infrequently
  • No/Never

0 voters

2 Likes

Mobile coding would be cool. Not sure how much one could get done without a keyboard, but by default it is more than you would have done with no mobile app at all.

1 Like

Ditto. My browsing history suggests I want to kidnap someone and lock them in the trunk of a car.

My understanding is that the people who’ve asked for this are those who don’t tend to have any other way to code (i.e. they have no computer access).

I wouldn’t expect it to be a popular idea for those who already use the desktop and/or web versions.

1 Like

I might still like it for making use of time when Indo not have a computer handy, though it obviously is a lot less of a need than it would be for those you describe. I figure I can code a bit on the phone, then e-mail it to myself and copy/paste into my laptop’s CSIDE.

This is a veritable godsend. If only I’d discovered it a few months earlier, when deadlines for my school CS project and university applications coincided with final exams, and I’d spent hours manually debugging instead of studying or filling forms… Thank you so much to everyone who’s worked on this.

I have a few questions though. Did try to read this thread and the help sections of the app but skimmed over the computer-speak so sorry if they’ve been answered elsewhere.

1. What does that red dot in front of some *temp commands mean?
screenshot

1. What does “seed” in Randomtest mean?
  2. Is there a way to see the stats the computer has after each test, to get a sense of what the max/min of a variable is?

1 Like

Glad you like it Retrovirus!

The “red dot” is an unsupported character or similar, you should be able to just delete that.

A seed is a unique ID that represents a randomised instance. In other words that seed could technically be used to re-run randomtest in exactly the same way (i.e. not randomly different).

I believe that is the same feature requested by @JimD and others. It’s definitely on the TODO list, but I haven’t got around to it yet.

I’m currently focusing on general improvements: accessibility, bug fixes, enhancing ease of updates, feature enhancements etc. As opposed to new features (though I hope I’ll get round to them eventually).

3 Likes

Is there a way to change the cursor colour with custom themes? Custom themes are absolutely brill; I’m just having a problem with my cursor being nearly invisible against the dark background if I run a dark theme. Thanks!

I think I missed that one, good shout. I’ll see to adding it in the next update :slight_smile:

EDIT: I recall there were a few other theme related requests, please feel free to shout out/remind me of them!

1 Like

Or stick them all on github? I’ll try to get that done as soon as I get a chance, if it’d be helpful. (:

1 Like

Would it ever! :heart_eyes: All under one issue ‘Extra custom theme option’ or similar, with an ‘enhancement’ label? :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t put on labels, if I recall, but other than that you got it. ^^

Oh yes. You need write permissions to the code repos, which is a bit ridiculous honestly. No worries, that’ll take me 2 seconds :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like