CSIDE Randomtest

It really is 8AM for me and I’m making a post already- :joy:
So a while ago, I made a post asking about stat dependent text. Someone said I could do a randomtest in CSIDE that makes it spit out the number of times each line is hit in the output. And in the output, it can tell me the range of stats. They suggested I make a new file for testing this using ranges (such as 5 to 10, 10 to 15, etc).

However, I don’t know how to make CSIDE do this! I also use opposed pairs for my stats, so I don’t know if it would make a difference. I may have already figured it out unknowingly when in CSIDE recently but I’d like to know what I’m looking for/what I’m doing as it’d be super helpful.

2 Likes

Just goes to show I didn’t search this forum with the proper search terms :joy:. How do I try this with opposed stats? Do it type it like [Friendly|Mean]? Or do I only need to type one or the other?

Opposed stats are represented by a single variable. If the variable’s less than 50, then it leans to one of the opposed stat values. If it’s more than 50, it leans to the other. So you should only need to look at the single stat’s value. Take a look at this discussion of opposed pairs/stats for more info.

1 Like

Oh okay, that makes sense. Why that didn’t connect in my head considering the coding I’ve done for choices affecting stats… I’ll never know.