Crème de la Crème – Climb to the very top of the class!

I feelt kinda like this about Hartmann until my current playthrough in which she became the best friend of my MC (highest relationship stat, not through romance), now I plan to go for her RO route in my next playthrough.
I came to like her so much that I wouldn’t have let her get sent to the mines, even if I wouldn’t have planned to get my MC sent there anyway in this playthrough since I’m going for Blaise atm.

Lol. Doing all ROs routes one after another. Kinda gives me a Pokemon collecting feeling xD

3 Likes

:thinking: …I kind of feel cheated out of a proper relationship/story with Blaise.

There were very little interactions and most of them were antagonistic even if you kissed his ass. Its only until at the very very end that you can choose to go hang out with him at his place which is weird because he’s hated you this entire time. Then all of a sudden you tell him you like him (despite having no positive experiences with him) and he’s just like, ‘Okay let’s have sex’.

I really like “winning people over” so I was holding out for at least some good scenes where you would both have good character development but there just…wasn’t any.

11 Likes

As for Blaise’s 180 degree turn towards the mc, he only does that after you get him out of that hellhole. And Blaise, it should be remembered, managed to last there for nearly a full year…poor kid likely has serious PTSD as I already think my main mc, who only had to endure those conditions for a couple of weeks will need a “sabbatical” to put himself back together again.

To make this short the mc can be his hero and he probably always had a crush on you…now how wise or ethical it is for the mc to take advantage of that right then and there is, imho debatable, given Blaise likely mental state. But Blaise is quite lonely.

8 Likes

I’ve been playing this while commuting and I’m enjoying the game immensely. :heart:

I randomised character genders and all Gallatin students were rolled as female (except for Blaise, but well… He wasn’t around long either). On the one hand, this limits my romantic prospects :thinking: , but on the other hand, I quite like the “all-girls school” feeling. :grin:

Also I keep picturing Delacroix like this

aQ3j7Rr_460s

(A blonder, tanner version of that, anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

She’s just so cute, I think I’m going to end up in the occult club for her sake. :hugs:

8 Likes

Gotta catch 'em all!

But seriously, good luck with Hartmann for your next playthrough!

3 Likes

Congrats Hannah! This is very interesting piece and can’t wait to check it out.

Edit: same error with the others

2 Likes

My thoughts on Blaise: I feel sorry for her that she got betrayed by the person she trusted the most in the world (that’s the impression I got about her relationship with her aunt reading the prologue and the short story about her). And it wasn’t a satisfying read that the aunt seems to have got away with it. Anyway about Blaises romance route maybe it’s just a people are different thing, but to me too it came off a bit wierd that once my MC confessed to her Blaise so quickly trusted her with her romantic feelings, after being betrayed like that I’d think that she’d have a hard time trusting people again. Sure MC was Blaise’s hope to get out of the mines, maybe she also found MC physically attractive and if we played it so had a few glimpses of MC being nice, but I think a slow romance would have made more sense to give her time to be able to actually trust in others again. Tho since there wasn’t enough time for that left in game maybe her romance could have ended MC and her agreeing to send letters and see eachother again instead of kinda jumping to meeting the parents and to the sex.

Edit: @HannahPS iirc you said Westerlin was kinda based on Switzerland and Austria, I wonder which country would you say Zaledo is most similar to?

3 Likes

I have the mental image of the hot, dry bits of southern Spain like Almeria, or maybe some parts of Morocco. It’s not really set in stone, though!

5 Likes

I admit I kinda forgot about Spain (no offense intented towards people from Spain) so the description about the deserts and the climate made me think of countries like Turkey or even Egypt, but that didn’t feel right, Spain sounds more fitting.

Anyway I don’t think I mentioned before how much I liked that the game made same sex couples/marriages and parents sound so natural and accepted by society just as much as opposite sex marriages and parents. Also I liked to meet Kari (representing NBs) when my MC joined the prefects.

2 Likes

@HannahPS congratulations on the release, I hope your game does really well, because it is one of the best CoG released and deserves a lot of success. Good characters, several path to choose, choices are meaningful, nice length, this is a perfect example of what a CoG should be.

I really liked how my character turned out.
Engaged with Princess Rosario, joined the Gallatin Swans and helped them win against Archambault Stags, Gallatin won Sports Day and the Crème de la Crème Contest, was accepted into Gessner University, saved Gonzalez and Blaise from the mines, got a grade A for the course and an A+ for the exam.
It was really fun to play through this all.

5 Likes

@HannahPS

I played an evil character (by evil, I mean backstabbing, getting Miss Dalca fired out of spite, ignoring Blaise’s cry for help out of spite, sending Hartmann to the mines :cry: on Renaldt’s orders, and generally being Renaldt’s ally/lackey in my most recent playthrough (MC also married Auguste, but genuinely liked her, and she was innocent of Renaldt and MC’s dealings until the end). MC also had 90 virtue, but in the end, the inspector still arrived, arrested Renaldt and Schroeder, and merged Gallatin with Archambault. MC only escaped legal repercussions due to her age. Shouldn’t MC’s virtue have convinced the inspector to side with her and ignore Blaise and Hartmann at graduation (which is what MC used to defend Renaldt)?

Is that a glitch?

I think whether MC is almost implicated or completely not implicated depends on how well you succeed at convincing the inspector that Lady Renaldt is breaking the law/Blaise is lying.

But that’s the thing:

I had 91 virtue, and used that to convince the inspector. It should have worked. But it didn’t. Maybe it’s an artifact from the run in which MC was a double agent and exposed Renaldt at graduation?

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are multiple checks in that sequence, right? I think you have to pass all of them to be completely not implicated. On my first play through, I accidentally failed two of them and the inspector told me I was going to be investigated prior to the epilogue. On my second play through, I passed them all and she congratulated me on exposing Lady Renaldt, and then in the epilogue she said praised me and asked for my suggestion on dealing with Gallatin college.

1 Like

I’m still hunting for that “Model Student” achievement. Also, I just can’t seem to hit it off with Mrs. Benton. I’ve tried multiple times with multiple stat combinations, but I can’t figure out which stats match which action!

I was thinking a cross between Venezuela and indeed Morocco or Maybe even better Persia/Iran (although I base that of off the design of the summer mansion the mc can visit in the epilogue), vast deserts but also some green (jungle and maybe plains) areas for agriculture. Anyway just my thoughts, you did say Zaledo is very rich in natural resources.

2 Likes

I am trying to get an ending in which Renaldt escapes any consequences for her actions thanks to MC’s efforts, while Blaise, Karson and (indentured student) are hushed up and disappeared despite their best efforts to expose Renaldt, and the status quo is maintained. I am wondering if such an ending is even possible, though.

When I’m so focused at Karson’s romance that I complately forget about doing some romance scenes with Rosario too during the Winter Ball just to spend the time with something. At first I was like “What?” then “Oh, right.” xD
Tho now that I think about it. It’d be fitting for my MC to use Rosario as a cover to hide her relationship with Karson from the public.

4 Likes

I was also trying to get an ending where Renaldt escapes all consequences for her actions, but yeah I feel like the best you can get is if the inspector decides that you aren’t implicated. I haven’t been able to achieve an ending where she’s 100% off the hook.

1 Like

I did, I decided to talk to Lady Renaldt privately. She’s completely off the hook and even had to greet me at her home when Auguste brought me there lol.

1 Like