Creating a save system?

I’ve been hesitant to ask, but for the last few days I’ve been searching for a way to set up a save system? I just want to be able to allow a player to save and reload previous saves at certain points. I’ve tried searching through here and I haven’t really found what I was looking for, and I’ve searched on Google which usually led me to the choicescript wikia deal, and the only mention it really has (that I’ve found) of a save/load system was something to do with the util.js file, but nothing on what to do with it, so I’m leaving it alone.

I’ve seen a number of games do it, and I’ve sure you’ve all seen them as well, and I’ve even took a look at the coding but I’m missing something and I don’t know what.

1 Like

@Babisko This discussion covers the same question

Although this is a “soft save” system that is only good for the current play session. For a “hard save” system that CoG implements themselves when you submit your game for publication. If,however, you do want a “soft save” system, read on.

For soft save, for every stat that you create you need to also create a second mirror stat for it

*create health
*create health2

and at checkpoints you would set the mirror stat to the value of the first

*set health2 = health

And when the player wants to revert to that point in the game you do the reverse.

Also, never be hesitant to ask a question. We love helping others.

Ah, didn’t realize that about ‘hard saves,’ I’d looked at the previous link but it wasn’t quite what I was looking for.

I guess I’ll have too though, so thanks!

This is the hard save mod you’ve likely seen other games using: http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/comment/55535/#Comment_55535

Oh ya, forgot about that.