Consolidated Gender Lock Discussion Thread

Well my idea would be to have it be more than a dating game, but to also have a universe around that feels developed and alive…as too many dating games neglect to provide much of that, or go for the “lazy” route of just setting it in the modern (American or Japanese most often) world at the time it was written, which obviates the need for too much world-building, which is a major resource saver but also more often than not a huge, limiting factor.
My over-ambitious idea would be to have it be a series set in a Starfleet-esque quasi military organisation with the whole “seek out new life and new civilisations”, plus the occasional bit of colonial defence, maybe even full-on space warfare should I dare tackle that. Plus the liberal amounts of social and political commentary that entails.
But following the player all the way from a wet-behind the ears cadet to an old-admiral (which conveniently would allow me tackle some relationship stages that hardly get explored as most relationship games limit themselves to the dating phase only. :unamused: ).

Meh, in any case it would be over-ambitious, I’d need to be retired to even start it and even if I did that I probably wouldn’t get more than 1-2 books actually finished before shuffling off the mortal coil.
Game design is hard…

Well Atlantis in that world is kinda the “evil empire”, even if much of that is also propaganda due to how different they are from the rest of the world (being, if a recall correctly, a slightly different strain of human who didn’t die out but survived to compete with modern homo sapiens) matriarchy or no.
Anyway, seems to be on indefinite hiatus as far as I can tell, which is a bit of a bummer.

5 Likes