Community College Hero 3: All Things End (Call-Out for a Co-Writer: Post #1269)

G’Luck Eric and don’t forget to taking care of yourself

9 Likes

You’ve got this, man.

8 Likes

Don’t worry about that. Never forget that the conclusion you want to give this saga of university superheroes should also give you the satisfaction as its creator of having developed and concluded it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for this encouraging message that some of us need when it is time to wake up. (Bearing in mind that I am writing this message from Mexico) :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

As always, I’d be happy to do bug-finding for ya! If grad school lets me that is! Can’t wait to wrap up the story of my detective Merlin and his boyfriend Synergy.

5 Likes

Thanks, everyone! As soon as the clock hits 5 I’m shifting to ‘fun’ work. See you (in this thread) in 2023!

12 Likes

I’m just posting here (if you didn’t see it in the Final Monologue thread) that I am “almost a full-time writer” for the next 10 months! My last day at my law firm job was over a week ago, and I’m focusing on my creative projects for the rest of 2023. This is the last time I haven’t had a full-time job since…2001.

This move, which yes is scary, means more progress on Final Monologue, more progress on CCH3, and more progress on the books I’m writing with a friend.

I’ll be going from having about 10-12 hours a week to work on this stuff to more like 20-30 hours/week (I’m working a PT job, or it would be even more).

I’m also focusing more on my Patreon as a source of steady monthly income and I’m going to try something new there: writing monthly romantic scenes/short stories featuring varying combinations of characters. This may or may not be viewed as canon, so that means…anything goes! Any combination of characters that folks dream up could possibly be featured in a story together.

For March’s story, can you help me to narrow down some possible choices?

• Female MC and Crook
  • Male MC and Tress
  • Crook and Tress
  • Uni and Stunner

0 voters

11 Likes

As a Tactician at heart, I went with Befriend the Manipulator, Rescue Origami and Train my two favourite Afterthoughts. I really want to find Dean Tolly’s Motives and discover Mega Cat’s identity too, as I went with the Detective Archetype, and I’m very curious.

Marrying my RO is not my top priority. It sounds stale actually, to me. I see the appeal but I want to close all the loose ends of the story, the stuff that isn’t really expanded upon in Fun and Games, Knowledge is Power or Trial by Fire, like Tolly’s motivations. Befriending the Manipulator sounds like something my character would do if it elevated his own goals. He does care for his friends but is also quite self-centred too.

I’m starting official voting for March’s CCH romance scene tomorrow. If you’re interested, you can sign up as a Hmmm! Tier supporter ($5/month) and that will let you vote and also get the story delivered to you on March 19th. Link is here: https://www.patreon.com/ericmoser/membership

Stories will be written in third-person past tense, like in a standard book. No choices, just prose. I anticipate each monthly scene will be between 1000-1500 words.

Options for March are:

Crook (Pov character) and Tress (spicy)
Stunner (Pov character) and DG (spicy)
Synergy (Pov character) and Stoic (sweet)

Voting will start tomorrow and last for 3 days.

12 Likes

Well with it already being 2023 i just want it official ASAP! Ive been dying for a continuous

5 Likes

Something bugged me about BookSmart’s mind control in Book 2. I can understand they can’t talk about it, but they didn’t try other ways of communicating in book 2.
Some choices in book 3 can made like they tried to “talk” about what they experienced in their trip to Savior in book 2.
I have some choices that the MC tried and failed to communicate to the rest of their group.

1. You tried to write a letter about what happened
  2. You tried to send a mass text to the rest of students about happened.
  3. You tried acting out what happened to you.

They fail in Book 2 because of BookSmart’s mind control . The reason why the MC failed is because of…

1. You tried to write but the writing became illegible.
  2. You start your text, but you lock up. You were forced to delete the message.
  3. No matter what you try, others find it impossible understand your acting.
    The choice is a set in as flashback a week or two after their trip to Savior , because it wouldn’t make any sense the MC and the other two not to try to find a way to tell what about happened during their trip.
    I hope I don’t sound mad in this post.
3 Likes

3: “… You didn’t actually feel any interference from booksmart with your movements or anything, you’re all just terrible actors.”

Dumb question, but where will these be available in the story?

I dunno. I haven’t even finished the scene for my Patreon supporters yet. Been a bit overwhelmed in recent weeks.

8 Likes

Just so everyone knows, Eric recently made a Patreon update that he’s gotten a very exciting job opportunity, but is is suspending writing games indefinitely because of his new schedule. Because he’s shut down the Patreon, you can no longer read the update, so I just wanted to flag it for anyone who is wondering why this has not been updated.

Congrats to Eric on his new opportunity, and I hope everything continues to go well! CCH was one of my favorite Hosted Games back in the day, and I’ll miss seeing the conclusion, but I’m glad I had the opportunity to read what I have.

37 Likes

R.i.p

4 Likes

Welp, another bites the dust. This is why I tend to distrust IF book series.

13 Likes

Yhea, I started avoinding “book one” and series like a plage.

12 Likes

Yeah, honestly writers making it to the end of a series and providing a satisfying conclusion is difficult and rare enough even in novels, where they don’t have to account for the cumulative impact of choices. Whether this series ultimately finds a conclusion or not (seems unlikely atm), I think people are probably going to have to get used to the idea that a lot of series very likely won’t make it to the end, even ones that initially start out with a lot of promise.

12 Likes