COMING THURSDAY: "Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale" New Author Interview, Trailer, Demo, Pre-Order

Hm, I’m a little bit ashamed to confess but I didn’t manage to complete a ‘non Haze’ playthrough. I had the intention, honestly :grin: I’m just like that - when some LI is great for my MC I cannot force myself to go for the other ones, because I know it won’t be satisfying enough. So I prefer to replay with the same LI but with different other choices.
Here my MC and Fitzie just clicked from the very beginning, so I’m pretty sure he will be this book’s Haze :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was not convinced about Fitz at first. I wanted to do the servant x lady/lord again, and I was expecting a servant similar to MC in Tally Ho! Kind of like Starling is depicted, I think.

But.

Fitz won me over. They’re perfect as they are and I’m pretty sure they’ll be my canon romance. At first I was the very picture of a shocked lady employer: “THIS is going to be my new valet? Is there really NO ONE else? Preposterous. Ugh. I’ll make do, I suppose.”

But.

Fitz ended up being not what I wanted, but what my MC needed. And then that scene… where Fitz tells MC “Now you’re just trying to charm me.” / “Is it working?” and he acts all sarcastic and melodramatic about it, in a comedic reflection of Rory x MC from Tally Ho! Lmao. Just you wait, dear valet.
My MC felt bad about Starling leaving, and she wanted to apologize. But Fitz was so sweet defending her. It was really endearing seeing him upset for her and stepping in to defend her. He really won me over, the rascal.

10 Likes

I really loved the first game and this sounds absolutely amazing. Also, 1.2 million words?! It’s massive! I can’t wait to play it.

2 Likes

I feel the exact same way you do! I thought that we were going to have maybe, i don’t know, at least 2 people to choose from as our new valet/maid/servant and we (me and my mc both) got slapped in the face with a big no-no.

Gotta say, I deflated a bit, since Fitzie seemed… annoying? (I don’t know if it’s the right word I’m looking for here).

But, by the end at the demo I was already swooning over them. And Vyv but that’s another story.

4 Likes

Yes! This is what I need in my life. Really happy about this release.

1 Like

I normally create more intelectual, graceful characters but playing as someone that trolls everyone left and right is a golden opportunity that I will not miss.

2 Likes

What do you mean by that?

I had a doubt about the game, if anyone can help: what does the pre-order do? Does it include the in-app purchases instantly?

I smoke. your. cigar. inhales I SMOKE IT UP

https://i.redd.it/e34m0hjwzb151.jpg

2 Likes

I haven’t pre ordered something before but I think if you pre-order the game, when it comes out, the game is automatically bought? I think that is how it works if you were asking. Sorry if I was incorrect.

1 Like

Same, honestly i feel sorry for Jonny, he seems to be the courteous villain i had ever met , i would give him a hug if i meet him in real life , for restraining himself to the extend by not punch me already

Its out on Google play now!

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a bit sudden but how do we make a succesful skill check to jump over the roof. Despite I love jumping and failing that part I stil want to see how a succeful check looks like.. Also, @Gower your comment regarding the ROs both intrigues me and makes me worry for your sanity if you decide to write down more. But, that can just be lil’old me misinterpreting things again

It’s dropped on Steam as well! I’m so thrilled about finally having the full thing in my possession. :relaxed: Can’t wait to see what far-fetched adventures my airheaded MC will get into! :popcorn:

1 Like

Having an issue!
Bought this on steam +dlc.

When answering first question after selecting " I have played Tally Ho , and I’d like to answer the questions." When i type anything into the textbox the games goes white screen.

Verifying files didn’t do anything.

Should be fixed. Also, never report bugs on the forum. Email support at choiceofgames dot com

3 Likes

No, I think you’re right. I was just curious to see if there was aything extra besides the pre-order of the game, but, since I couldn’t find it anywhere, I think it’s a regular pre-order.

If you don’t mind a peek behind the curtain, there are two stat checks that make the first jump “[…] with abandon […]” succeful: you either high Bold (in the 40s, I think) or Skullduggery in the mid 30s. Sorry I don’t have the exact numbers, or the ones for the other choices. You can always email CoG your receipt to take a look at the code. I don’t really like doing it while I play, but it’s fun to find out some hidden secrets.

1 Like

… or you can download MiXplorer, for example, and do so yourself.

I will close this thread now that the game is out. Use the announcement thread for general discussion or the spoiler thread for spoilers.

4 Likes