Coming NEXT THURSDAY: "DRAG STAR!" New Author Interview, TRAILER and DEMO

Ah. Tracking. Like I said, I’m hardly an expert so I’ll take your word for it. If I’m not mistaken though, isn’t the point of drag to dress up in stereotypical women’s clothing as a male?

Like, are there female drag shows for example?

1 Like

Well I don’t know about that but certainly More knowledge people can say as our popular Revista shows and folklore is not same as actual drag queen. I am not a expert as I just loved the shows as pure art and charisma acting there is a raw delicacy and strong in those shows and humour that makes it very attractive to me. But it depends people

3 Likes

Drag kings and drag king shows exist, yes.

4 Likes

That’s very cool.

To be fair, they aren’t nearly as well known if they do in fact exist.

Finally. I’m ready to be glamorous.

4 Likes

Google them, amigo. Then you can avoid the rudeness of implying that a fellow forum member might be lying to you.

And as has been mentioned upthread, plenty of straight men enjoy dressing up in women’s clothes and makeup, despite the strong social stigma of cross-dressing in America and many other countries. It’s not an exclusively gay thing – though gay men are I imagine proportionally more likely to buck the social stigma.

From the interview: “It was also a fun challenge to expand this drag competition to pit drag kings against drag queens, with gender fluid and non-binary performers in the mix. I’m glad I created a little world in which all drag is given the same opportunity.”

26 Likes

Lol that even makes me love the game more!!! I should read interviews however sometimes have spoilers so i usually don’t look afraid ofbeing spoiled

2 Likes

Very true on both sides

1 Like

Just wanna say that playtesting this was a blast. Replay value wasn’t that great, but among the most fun I’ve had on a first run. Great humor and creativity. Two snaps.

6 Likes

Thanks @havenstone. Remember, Google is your friend and Choice of Games games are always:

*inclusive of gender expression, including non-binary in all COG releases under contract (going forward from last August, and many before then)

*inclusive of sexuality, with all games playable at a minimum as gay or straight, and many with aro/ace, and poly options.

Is drag a traditionally queer art form? Yes. Do you have to be gay to play this game? If you’re asking, you probably are new around here…

17 Likes

The SHADE SCALE. :skull::ok_hand: This is gonna be lit.

3 Likes

I will post a dressing up art of My pc poison when game release I have to wait to see the options in game to make a clear justice to game I will probably go for a Elvira femme fatale pulp th look if i could go away from my glitter glam rock 80s new romantic wave love

2 Likes

heavy breathing I am so ready for this game!

so ready for the final version! i managed to peak one of my best friend’s interest in interactive fiction by telling her this story was coming out. i hope (and kinda expect!) that this will open the doors to an even wider audience for this form of fiction and as a baby drag queen i will support the hell out of this game.

i was actually playing with the idea of putting some cosmetic looks together inspired by the contestants, but i also have a metric ton of office work this month… i really hope to, though!

i’m excited for this game to show a wider spectrum of the art form that is drag than the, ahem, current mainstream perception/understanding of it. (drag kings have been around forever; trans drag queens have been around forever; bio queens are newer but have also been around for a longgg time; @ChristandJackel the most well-known straight drag queen, in the US anyway, is probably Disasterina, she’s an easy look-up)

ahhhhh and more than anything, i hope this game encourages more people to go to local drag shows and try drag for themselves IRL!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

I really like Tyra Faith, is there no way to bring her back ? :frowning:

Strange, but i really felt attached to her with our pairing and sad to see her eliminated

Dorian is great as my new partner and she looks sincere as well … :slight_smile:

Totally with you however i am clumsy as hell with higheels and no patience for make up however no problems with Using feathers glitter and aptitude. That and destroy karaokes … But lol In charisma nobody win me.

1 Like

hey! there are plenty of queens that aren’t great in heels! that takes practice lol, being glamorous and entertaining is certainly enough to do good drag ^ ^

…lol but yea, to avoid injury some heel proficiency helps. annnnd you do need the patience for makeup xD my face takes me 3 hours sometimes :sweat_smile: but that’s also just a matter of practice! :triumph: i almost gave up like 3 times my makeup has been so bad before! i personally have little patience for things that i’m not instantly good at so i actually feel like drag is forcing me to finally learn/accept that practice makes perfect

1 Like

I 100% agree with you there, I am a man although I’m not drag I’m a cross dresser meaning I don’t do it for entertainment however walking in heels is pretty hard and that’s even with a thick heel! I now know why girls spend so much time with buying dresses and applying make up because it all has to be coordinated and go with each other- I now understand why you get pissed off with guys when they say you take too long :rofl:

I don’t understand drag, especially of the competitive variety… I guess I’ll wait for Sarah Z to make her video on Drag Race and hope that helps.

I have allergic problem so i have to be very careful even with the hypoallergenic make up who is normally quite boring I prefer more neutral clothing as suits and that for real life even if I like role playing more typical feminine clothing characters even if always charismatic and strong willed I am more for the cosplay real role playing expression than for drag or at least it was when I was younger. Still is a beautiful art expression and irradiated good mood and charisma and will power. And is a opportunity to hear glamour and glam musicals.

3 Likes