College Tennis: Origin Story (WIP) - Updated 21 Dec '23 [468k words]

Aye aye. I’ll do my best to find all the ones I remember.

4 Likes

So I’m speeding through the game to find mistakes. So far, haven’t found any pronoun mistakes but I did find these two mistakes.

Summary

We are 3 sets down and win the next one, making it 3-1. Then we win the one after that, too. This should definitely be 3-2.

This should be game, not set.

Also, please excuse my lack of patience in posting these hahaha if you’d rather I collect them before posting instead of posting them right away, I can do that too!

1 Like

Thank you for those you’ve found already! Don’t worry about it, I’ll take a look through whatever you have, whenever you send them in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Progress update: 31/07/22

Hi everyone!!

I am back from my holiday! Also caught good ol’ COVID and am still on the tail-end of showing symptoms, but in between all the fun (and not so fun bits), I’ve been writing and editing!

Writing/Coding/Editing progress
[This will be part of the coming update - as of now, stands at around +80k new words.]

Day 1 of freshman orientation (Sat)

• Meet D (and G) in the morning (No change) - choose your fave beverage
  • Meet your hallmates/orientation group (No change) - play a short icebreaker game, choose your major
  • Amazing race (Edited slightly) - achievement up for grabs
  • Go ‘waterfalling’ (No change) - added a short alternative scene

Day 2 of freshman orientation (Sun)

• Morning of the activities fair (Edited) - options to hang out with hallmates at the fair, or alternatively, spend quality time with Rayyan or Tobin ~alone~, or call Sam to lock-in the next time you’ll see each other!
  • Laser tag (Edited) - wrote the scene to be slightly more ~active~ this time round; achievement up for grabs

First day of classes (Mon)

• First class (Edited) - runs more smoothly now
  • Training session (Edited) - added a whole mini-game for finesse 'cause the first two challenges were strength & agility related; achievement up for grabs

Rest of the week (Tue-Fri)

• Challenge match on Fri (Writing in progress - for Max; and Planned - for Jacks, depending on whether you beat Emerson or not) - long tennis gameplay scene → did I write 20k+ (and counting) words for a branch that very few people will play, because y’all mostly beat Emerson? Yes. Do I regret anything? No.

Weekend + Next week (Sun-Fri)
[This will be part of the following update - this current update is becoming a behemoth as it is]

• Club activity (Planned) - If you went to the activities fair, you’re invited to the first meeting on Sat morning, where you’ll get to hang out with G / your roommate / hallmates.
  • Friendly doubles match (Planned) - moved this to the subsequent week (in-game time) just to break things up, and also it makes a bit more sense chronologically).
39 Likes

Already looking forward to Day 2 of orientation.

Good to hear you’re on the mend from the 'Rona. Sticks with ya for awhile if you don’t look after yourself

2 Likes

Tobin or Sam, Tobin or Sam…very difficult choice. :persevere:

2 Likes

Totally can’t wait for the update but I also hope you will get well soon author :smile:

3 Likes

Hope you had fu-

Ah.

8 Likes

@TheBread impeccable taste :slight_smile: hope it lives up to your expectations! And yes the first 2 days were rough!

@idonotlikeusernames Haha, enjoy flirtin w them both while it lasts :wink:

@Knoez Aww thank you! I am more or less recovered and well!

@JBento bahaha!! Well, in my defense I did have a truck load of fun till it happened. Guess the virus decided enough was enough :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Omg! Love mah frenchie so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::drooling_face:

6 Likes

I’ve never been a big fan of tennis, but I definitely loved this story

9 Likes

@Otaku_Mode Aww, I’m sure G feels the same, even if they try to put it off as a fling <3

@Daku so good to hear that the story has won you over!

Update: I’m on track to release an update to College Tennis: Origin story in the next 1-2 weeks.

This update will be made in two parts, mostly because of the long word-count :slight_smile:

Part 1: Freshman orientation.
~45k words. Release date: 27 Aug (T-3 days).

• Meet your roommate and hallmates at freshman orientation.
  • Go on an ‘amazing race’, and head back to Formosa (the Chinese restaurant) with your orientation group. (achievement up for grabs)
  • Choose your major (yes, English has been added, and Computer science retained - I hear you, folks)
  • Go ‘waterfalling’ with your hallmates at night, and make a wish while dangling your head off a bridge.
  • Sign up for a club at the activities fair, or alternatively, head to the library with Tobin, go on a run with Rayyan, or skype with Sam.
  • Compete in the laser tag tournament alongside G, D, and your other hallmates (achievement up for grabs!)

Part 2: Classes, training & challenge match.

~45k words. Release date: TBC, likely 3 or 10 Sep.

• Attend your first week of classes and training, and find out if you’ve done enough preparation not to make a fool of yourself (achievement up for grabs)
  • Challenge match with Jacks or Max, depending on whether MC beats Emerson.
  • This decides if MC will be within the Top 6 in the singles rankings! (achievement up for grabs)
  • Bugs for the previous challenge match with Emerson will (hopefully) be fixed.

Other post-update goals.

• Contact folks who’d indicated interest in being beta-testers in the previous poll
38 Likes

I don’t remember this poll, but I don’t mind beta-testing.

4 Likes

Awesome! Would love to have you :slight_smile:

I’ll send out a more detailed beta-tester’s application form to everyone + reach out to people who’d indicated interest before through the google forms questionnaire/survey, right after I get these updates up and out of the way.

@Sujan_Dhakal Ah - I’ve loved seeing all your replies and comments, would be great to have you test the game!

4 Likes

Same here, I don’t remember ever seeing a pole but I wouldn’t mind helping either

1 Like

Yep, same. I don’t think I remember seeing a poll, but I don’t mind helping with beta testing or so.

2 Likes

Oh wait, I think I’ve filled a google form here, nvm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup there wasn’t a poll, it was a Google form

1 Like

Camping here lol

4 Likes

Same here, as long as Discord is not a requirement. Otherwise I still wish you all the best.

2 Likes