CoG Apk files torrented

Umm… Maybe I’m just oblivious since, yes, @9inchh, I do indeed live under an “Internet rock” so to speak, and that was a great way to put it, but what could ever be the point of pirating a free game? That doesn’t make any sense unless maybe they can get games without ads in them that normally do. Is that why? Or is it just for the “challenge” of hacking things, which would explain the original piracy but not the subsequent downloads of the pirated version?

In some cases, people want the older version of a certain game so that it can install onto their ipod.
For example, a newer version (say 2.3) will only install on an ipod running ios 5, while an older version (1.2 or whatever) still installs on ios 2.3 hence the pirating of free games.

@galador
Torrent wasn’t invented for the sole purpose of pirating. They are a method of transferring files. In case of free games they provide you an alternative and unofficial method to get it. I think …

@cynicthnkr
Torrenting itself is just a method of downloading and isn’t illegal in the slightest, correct. It just so happens that pirates largely utilize it for illegal purposes, like distributing commercial media. It’s given it something of an unfair reputation.

All me making this thread did was bring it to the attention of the CoG public. There are several forums that I found with 100+ people that already know about it. There is one site that offers an in depth tutorial that explains how to use Android SDK to use the torrented APK files. One guy has developed cracks for many Android games including the CoG games and for $1 he will send you the zip that allows you to play it on your computer without installing SDK.

So he’s profitting from other people’s hard work? That’s despicable. @Bradok can you email those links to the Choice of Games staff? It’s so very wrong that someone else is making money off of other people’s hard work.

Sure thing, but its not just CoG. He has alot of games up I was surprised that he hasn’t already gotten sued or something like that.

Track down the developers of all of the games he’s doing that for and send them the links. Someone will ensure he’s shut down. I doubt that anyone would sue him though. More likely he’ll just get sent a cease and desist letter.

TBH that sounds like a little too much trouble. I’ll get the link for the CoG staff but tracking down the developers for like 100 different games isn’t worth it. If your up for it just google “Torrented Choice of Games Forums” and you should easily find the site.

@Bradok Can you please edit your post to remove the method for finding the forum please.

No? I didn’t post a link to the site, and if anyone that is a member of this community would download the torrents then they really shouldn’t be here.

Not everyone who visits this forum is a member and not all members are ‘loyal’ to COG. There are probably hundreds of members who lurk and never post, or guests that lurk.

Let’s not play the blame game, if people want to torrent, they’re going to torrent regardless of where they find out how to. Best thing to do is to let this thread get dead and buried.

I second that

You know what, as a former pirate, I find it insulting that you guys think we only want the loot. Sitting around with a pretty wench on your lap while you regale the tales of your exploits, now that’s what being a pirate is really about!

But seriously, if people are going to steal something, they either can’t or won’t afford it. So even if by some magic, they aren’t able to steal from you, they most likely still won’t buy it. Especially when we’re talking about games. I know it doesn’t excuse them, but I really don’t think it makes a whole lot of sense to worry about it from a financial perspective.

The crashing profits of record companies over the past decade suggest that lots of people could and did afford music right up until stealing it became really easy. The switch to mass theft of music and film wasn’t a movement among people who otherwise wouldn’t have bought entertainment, it was a hemorrhaging of customers; and any media company that didn’t “worry about it from a financial perspective” would have been wildly negligent.

I’ll be closing the thread now, with a final note that if you enjoy CoG games, please do shell out your two or three bucks to keep the authors going. CoG offers pretty good terms to its authors, and if the company were to fold, the people who write the games you enjoy will be that little bit more screwed.