Coding Unique Unlockable Scene For Trans Gender Choice: SOLVED

Hello! I’m coding a romance game with queer werewolves, and I’ve included a trans MC option and a trans woman love interest. During the game, there’s a chance to have a love scene with each romance option. Just as an extra, I would like to add a bonus scene if the player chooses to identify as trans and romances the trans love interest. It’s just a sweet affirmation of “Oh my god, we’re alike and I’m not alone.”

The problem is, how do I code that extra scene? Does anyone have any tips or know how to? I heard The Eagle’s Heir has bonus scenes if the MC identifies as genderfluid, so it must be possible somehow.

Thanks in advance for your help!

*if (transmale=true)
*elseif (transfemale=true)
*elseif (nonbinary=true)
*else

(or sub for *if gender=“transmale” etc)

1 Like

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “how do I code that extra scene?”.

If you are asking how to make the game show that scene, instead of the one for a cis MCs, you just *set a variables if the MC is trans, then do an *if check to redirect them to the other scene with a *goto or *gosub.

2 Likes

That’s in the scene, then?

And in the startup file it would be:

*create transwoman
*create ciswoman

And you identify as…?

*choice
#Trans woman.
Flavor text.
*set transwoman

#Cis woman.
Flavor text.
*set ciswoman

Yep. Or if you just want to have a single gender variable, it would be, like (formatting is not going to be correct. am on mobile)

How do you identify?
*choice
#Born male.
*set gender “male”
*goto whatever
#Born female
*set gender “female”
*goto whatever
#Assigned male at birth, actually female.
*set gender “transwoman”
*goto whatever

you can be as extensive and inclusive as you want, even adding intersex, AMAB/AFAB genderfluid/nonbinary identities, people who are demigendered, etc.

Especially in potentially erotic games, this can be helpful, as you can then use an if statement to ask about how the player would prefer their body described - pre/post op or whatever else.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thank you so much! I’ve been tearing my hair out for days, and you solve this in minutes. :smile::smile::smile:

1 Like

No problem! Glad I could help♡

We all get stuck sometimes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes