ChoiceScript Full Tutorial (finished!)

The tutorial is offline, do you have it uploaded anywhere else?

1 Like

That is really weird. I’m about to go to bed but I’ll see if I can fix it tomorrow and upload the files here too at least. It will be a nice excuse for fixing some smaller issues as well.

2 Likes

Okay, I checked the website this morning and it looked up for me. Just to be sure, I refreshed it. But I’ve also uploaded the page onto my dropbox, along with a .tws file there if you want to look at the Twine file.

Copy of Tutorial on Dropbox

Twine File

2 Likes

Hello I am new here and I wanted know how do we install Choice script because i’m not understanding the directions they are giving me.

Hello! I’m new to writing in ChoiceScript and have a question about something. I know you can use ${} so the player can personalize their name and/or other various things, but I was wondering if I could use it for setting pronouns as well. I’ve been looking at the Choice of Dragon startup.txt Princess section as an example, but this character would be present throughout the whole game instead of the smaller section used as an example. Would anyone know how to do that or should I nix that altogether?

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Oh shoot I just found it in the tutorial, sorry! Never mind.

1 Like

No worries, glad you found it! I’d​ love to make that info more accessible to folks in the future, however. Where were you in the tutorial when you were wanting to know this info? Or where did you try to look for it?

2 Likes

Well, so my friend and I can both work on it at the same time, we’ve been writing everything out in Google Docs using the Choice of Dragon sample as an example of how things should be laid out. When I tried to test the code, it said there were errors, and when looking for help I came across this! (Thank you so much for creating this, by the way! It’s a lifesaver.) Since I was looking for ${} specifically since that was what I knew, the Text Variables (Strings) section was the one I looked at first. I’m definitely going to go through the whole thing from the top, though, so I can get a better grasp of everything.

3 Likes

Thanks for this buddy somehow I will be needing this tutorial badly…I’m working on a project right now and soon to begin the coding once I’m familiar with the basic syntax. Kudos to you mate!

1 Like

I’m sorry, but is it just me or is the website for the tutorial down?

1 Like

Not just you, the website is down. Hopefully this gets fixed soon

Thank you for letting me know. I can’t figure out why the site is down, so I raised a ticket with the hosting company. Hopefully it should be fixed soon!

4 Likes

And it’s back up.

10 Likes