Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

If this were a Cataphrak game I’d half-expect your MC to ironically end up as the God-Emperor of Mankind, as the very institutions he establishes to suppress the Karagond religion are used by over-enthusiastic followers to enforce their own and slowly transformed into a new state church.

He who fights priests…

5 Likes

I’d have to agree with your points but as for now, I believe the written Constitution may be the best solution for the problems that my MC is currently facing in his rebellion but it is certainly better than having a corrupt monarch abusing his/her power for their own personal gain for the majority of their life. I’d rather have something like a presidency with term limits and limited powers and add the Senate so everyone in all districts will be properly represented in a political office. I can see it creating a new set of problems that my MC will never see coming but that probably will happen long after my MC passes away but it isn’t really much of a concern for him now. But if you have a better solution than that then I’d love to hear about it. :slight_smile:

We are fortunate then that Cata isn’t writing this thing, as the last thing my mc wants is to become a deified, but also largely symbolic “emperor”.

4 Likes

“I’m not the Eclect!”

“Of course, my lord. Anything you say, my lord.” leaves

“WHY DOES OUR MESSIAH TEST US SO?!”

6 Likes

A similar idea led to one of the bloodiest periods in irl human history. Kurios Martin de Luther…

2 Likes

“I’ve bloody had it, tomorrow I’m going to post this list of dire reforms the Mother Church needs on the door of the church. I’m absolutely sure this simple action won’t change the course of history for centuries to come.”

4 Likes

Just go and call Ecumenical Councils and excommunicate everyone who doesn’t support your ideas then hunt them down and burn them as heretics.

Nothing can go wrong with this idea.

It worked for the Romans.

The US Senate would be too elitist for my mc, or at least would be for my mc, he’d prefer a more parliamentary system, which is why my mc would rather use the local Appella’s as the corner-stone of any new system and build up from there.
That said, yes, a decent constitution will be infinitely better, however much like the US founding fathers we’ll probably need to make it rather difficult to change or amend in order to preserve most of the gains of our revolution. Which in turn is likely to become a problem in the future, though of course that’s not a problem for the mc here.

2 Likes

And also come up with a summary of your beliefs that must be recited every mass.

“We believe in one God the father almighty, maker of heaven and earth of all things visible and invisible…”

It’s a special, neverending kind of victory when everyday Catholic children recite mockery of your enemies first thing in the morning at school.

Millennia of being mocked by children and churchgoers.

1 Like

It’s always fun trying to explain to people that my mom was taught by Nuns that evolution is a thing. Some people just find that mind boggling.

Bloody Yanks, used to those backwoods snake oil salesmen preachers with their heresy, denial of basic science and their lack of conformity to the One True Church.

shakes fist in Catholic anger

There are too many one true Churches. It gets super confusing to people which one is right. I’m a Catholic but, you know, to each his own.

Latin rite is best rite.

I must admit I haven’t thought about that due to the fact that I am an American so perhaps there might be a way to combine these two, however that might be tough to do but I’m willing to do so for the sake of equal rights for every person that chooses to join the rebellion.

1 Like

Obviously ours is the One True Church because we were raised in it and therefore it’s the right one.

Joking aside, I’m like, a borderline proddy in reality. Grew up Catholic and accepted it, went through a rebellious teenage phase where I was into Protestantism for awhile and now I’m just about to approach where I started but with a more skeptical, Lutheran influenced mindset.

Yep! Everyone else is wrong and we’re right. They just got angry that we did it better than them.

That and then something more is exactly the kind of splintering the Xthonic church in the Hegemony desperately needs too. :grin:

This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a while.

It’s not a phase, Mom! This is who I am now! I don’t believe in transubstantiation! <slams door>

5 Likes

Awkwardly, my family isn’t remotely religious or educated at all, they’re Catholic by tradition only so it was more “I don’t believe in papal supremacy, Mom!” “What’s that?” “The entire basis of our sect of Christianity?” “Eh, whatever.”

I sure thought I was totally rebelling against the Man at the time though.

2 Likes