Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

Sure sounds like a bug. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve looked through the code and tried to replicate this, but haven’t quite managed so far.

Just checking: was this a run-through when you were making all the decisions, or was your deputy making them for you?

Deputy was making the decisions

I’m wondering that for example if you befriended Ganelon Tarakatou with INT2 background and chose not to attack Hector directly (in which case I assume Ganelon won’t die?) Will the mc encounter them possibly in the future books?

4 Likes

Is it possible for an int 2 and cha 1 mc, to get your followers to believe kenon?

No, though possibly in a future sequel. To start a new religious movement requires specializing in Charisma

2 Likes

That calls for Zvad. Being deputy means he won’t be going out and doing much of anything.

1 Like

Bug spotted, speaking of deputies.

Radmar is my deputy (Hector…removed Zvad from the position). However, at the meeting in Chapter 4, he speaks, and then I can call on him to speak again.

As much as I appreciate the double vote of a trained attack dog…

2 Likes

Another bug: In hounds.txt:

*if yeodonate > 1200
*set cred_h +round(100+((yeodonate-1200)/50))

Bloody Angels, that’s a painful bug when I’m trying to regain some yeoman support…

4 Likes

My reasoning for keeping Breden around, and Havenstone can correct me if I’m wrong, is that having Breden will pay dividends in later games.

The 2INT and 2COM builds are the ones that rely the most on Breden, and if they get rid of Breden after using her in the Winter, they’ve gotten rid of their only high CHA character.

1 Like

i’m just curious, did you guys let breden come with you to the xaos-lands? what’s your reason for letting/ not letting them go with you?

I take Breden or Suzane with me so I can make them my waifu later.

but what if it’s really dangerous out there? and don’t you need someone who is very charismatic to lead your rebels, or at least be with your chosen general, while you’re gone?

My reasoning for bringing Breden with me is because they are usually my romance option, and with Radmar doubting their loyalty, they might be safest away from him. Further, if they are the traitor, then this limits how much they can act against the rebels, and I doubt they would do anything to personally harm you in the Xaos-lands if you are their spouse/significant other. They already gave you a Kryptast code, that’s about as compromised as a spy can be without outright switching sides.

3 Likes

then am i the only one who preferred going alone? (even though i really love breden) :sweat_smile:

that’s my canon playthrough but i’m gonna do one playthrough where i bring him along…

The waifu imperative overrides pragmatic gameplay concerns.

6 Likes

I’ve got a question, are Thuerges in born, or can anyone learn it?

It is theoretically possible for anyone to learn Theurgy. However, people who may have certain traits (such as the ability to concentrate) will probably do better than others.

Additionally, the most effective Theurges tend to be ones who are taught how it works, how bodies work, etc. This also means they have a support structure to draw on that a self-taught Theurgy wouldn’t have (such as access to blood)

3 Likes

So I’m future books can the MCs with less then 2 Int learn theurgey?

Future books are supposed to allow you to raise your stats, like Int…so I wouldn’t be surprised if you could. Note that @Havenstone did not say one way or another if you will be able to learn Theurgy then.

2 Likes