Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

I actually think this is quite likely. Though I suspect that there are two traitors (perhaps working for different factions) and this was a convenient way for one to remove the other. I just think that Breden isn’t stupid enough to commit a poisoning that it’s almost 100% certain she’ll be blamed for, especially if she already knows that she’s suspected of treason.

6 Likes

The second one is of course what serfdom in Europe with its purely theoretical rights for serfs used to be. I suspect this is the goal of the Laconniers and perhaps the wider Shayardene nobility for the helotry. If so it is a concession my mc would find to be completely and utterly insufficient.

For some reason I think you’re even more concerned about Laconniers than you are the potential traitor-Kryptast or Hegemony response :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve done a coupole playthroughs now, and the big difference in sending Breden away compared to keeping her around, is that in CH4 when you’re running away from the Phalangites is the food doesn’t get poisoned. And then there’s the fact that if you romance her, she’ll tell you a kryptast code that will keep you alive if you encounter the enemy. There’s so much evidence that points toward Breden being a spy, perhaps she’s brainwashed, but right now it doesn’t seem like it could be anyone else.

About equally, since the Laconniers are Hallassur funded and supported. With Hallassur being the other huge slavery-based super-power that can’t be good news. Plus, yeah, my mc of course wouldn’t want his rebellion to be co-opted by those who would not only turn the helots into serfs, but limit themselves to Shayard and give Erezza and Nyral away to the Hallasurq sphere of influence.
Meaning Hallassur gets, what it wants, to annex or puppet Erezza and and its resources while having a pastoral and backwards neighbour in the new Shayard.

1 Like

This seems like a lot of conjecture to me (admittedly only skimmed the old thread though). Could you explain why you think the Laconniers are Hallasurq puppets?

1 Like

I feel like Breden was originally an agent of the Hegemony - probably a helot, co-opted and having leverage held over their head by a handler (who would be the real Kryptast) and then given training in rhetoric to supplement their natural charisma. They were originally “sold off” to the de Rose’s in order to stir up another mass Harrowing… but, they’ve begun going off the reservation, and has met the MC…

It’d be funny if the Mystikon’s own conspiracy to harvest the population of a rebellious Shayard ends up spinning out of control and toppling the Hegemony itself :wink:

13 Likes

That’s actually quite possible scenario.

So it looks like a lot of people are interested in detective work, from the sheer number of people trying to figure out who or what the kryptast is. :grin:

3 Likes

Well, it all started when we found out that we had a traitor in our group.

Breden said that there were other helots that came to the meeting once or twice and stopped coming afterwards. I know I’m that guy who thinks Breden is the traitor but what if one of those helots that came to the meeting once was the real traitor? That would screw with my mind.

There’s the fact that Carles, who is most likely a low-level Hallasurq spy only joins you again if your helot mc who saves him leans heavily towards being a Shayardene homelander, which seems to fit with Hallassur’s strategic objectives which would seem to be to puppet or annex Erezza and Nyral after the fall of the Hegemony, while making sure Shayard does not industrialize and remains mostly pastoral and backwards.
Furthermore on Mara’s playthrough (if you let the Harrowing proceed) you’ll be “freed” from the Keriatou dungeons by a noble Laconnier supporter and you will in addition receive some magical spears supplied to you (and presumably the Laconniers have much more) that are designed to kill plektoi and theurges, courtesy of Hallassur.

5 Likes

A kryptast is like a shadow.
Trying to chase your own shadow will take you to places you might not have wanted to go.
Trying to expose a shadow means casting light on yourself in order to make the shadow stronger.
Does that mean that darkness will weaken the shadow?
Or is this simply a clever trap designed to ensnare the mind, and wreak havoc on the soul?
In order to uncover the truth, you must defeat the paradox of light and shadow.

1 Like

Whaa?..
Geez, amount of interesting alternative stuff in this game… no wonder 650k words…

3 Likes

I never thought of it that way… Jeez, man this is screwing with me hardcore. Lol I’m completely uncertain about the rebellion’s future and their supporters. Curse the Hegemony… This is must be what the leaders feels on the daily basis when dealing with stuff like this.

Will we ever get the chance to recruit the one that did not join us on chapter 2 (either Swineherd or De Firiac) on the next games? I am interested in the dynamics that the two would have. What about the stats specific groups on chapter 3 (skeptics ,diakons, laconniers and the whend)?

1 Like

Bleys’ tax procession fencing scheme is still bugged, I didn’t get any money from it :frowning:

I know that sending one of the major characters along with you on raids increases their influence in the band, but what about when you send them on a mission to recruit more followers? Does that increase their influence as well or is it only raids?

Yup. And I think any staff you send people to do raise their standing in group.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, Breden brings in the most recruits unless your MC has 2 CHA. Otherwise, you get a bit over 10 if you lead it yourself. Elery and Radmar doesn’t bring in much. But any raid, recruiting mission or a special event like sending Breden to assure the helots after you sabotage the Harrower will improve the standing of those you sent.

Sending them on recruiting missions also increases their influence, yes.

1 Like