Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

See the list here for the answer to that question:

6 Likes

I thought I wasn’t interested in the love interests in future books (much too busy with the metaphysics, yo) but then I saw the word “abhuman” and, well.

1 Like

My anarchy is a little lower and I cannot recruit the noble too.

If I recall correctly, to recruit the noble you have to have anarchy score of 20 at most.

Basically, you should avoid raiding nobles, temples, and garrisons to keep your anarchy low. It’s pretty hard to keep your rebels well fed if you’re not raiding but you can ask/raid helots and yeomen for bushels and it’s better if you don’t stop the Harrowing at the beginning if you want things that way. You can also steal/ask mules from the yeomen and then sell those mules.

3 Likes

Based from @Ramidel’s guide, it seems you could do some raiding but not too much. But for those who don’t want to chance it, they have to beg for food and hunt.

1 Like

or you can just check the help/hints thread

2 Likes

And yeah, getting Simon/Suzane is a delicate balance because you need to keep your peeps fed without burning the Rim. Though obviously you can steal freely from the helotry without anarchy, I don’t advise doing so regularly.

4 Likes

oops my bad
it’s edited now

When playing on desktop, I’m encountering a recurring situation where after a big raid in chapter 2, my mules don’t get un-allocated. I would be at the beginning of a new week, before having committed to any raids, and I don’t have any mules to send on a grain run. I should have enough, I know I should. I’m almost certain this is a bug.

This is the text I get – again, right as the week begins, before any raids or anything else. It’s making getting through the winter needlessly difficult.

The band has 27 mules. Of these, 15 are dedicated to the sick. 3 have not yet been committed to other tasks this week.

1 Like

Hmm. I assume you haven’t put any standing orders in place (e.g. raid barns or nobles for the rest of the winter)?

Some of the other things that can soak up your mules: caravan raids you aren’t leading (e.g. Elery’s off with a raiding party and will be back next week), or Bleys fencing stuff from the tax raid. Might it be one of those?

3 Likes

No standing orders, no Bleis, no smuggling and no raiding distant passes. Like I said, it showed up like that immediately after the start of week flavor text (when the babies are born, I think it’s week six). This time, I think it happened immediately after raiding the de Merre estate. Not sure when it happened last time.

This is a COM2 CHA1 helot character, although I’m not sure that’ll be relevant.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for helping me hunt this down. Looks like I failed to reset the mules you took to the de Merre estate, so those remained deducted from “freemules” afterward. I’m about to send Jason a parcel of changes for an update soon, and that should (hopefully) fix this problem, plus a few others.

Note: any games in progress during an update will probably have a hiccup where the chapter restarts, while retaining some of the stat changes. This is almost always game-breaking (rather than an opportunity to get a super-powered save!) so I’d advise anyone reading this to finish your current readthroughs before the update drops…

3 Likes

Is it possible that there’s a similar problem after the market day raid? I think this is the first time I’ve successfully done it, and immediately afterwards I was attacked by theurges and lost about sixty people, even though I had a total of 40+ mules and had religiously reassigned them to Terret every week.

At the end of week 10 I had this:

The band has 54 mules. Of these, 19 are dedicated to the sick. 16 have not yet been committed to other tasks this week.

I also didn’t get the Market Day achievement (possibly because I picked the town Breden scouted?) but I doubt that’s connected.

1 Like

@Havenstone kurios, is Phoolan Devi one of your inspiration for the game? Her story has a very Choice-of-Rebels-esque to it (except the rape part which is too dark for CoG, of course). She would be very fitting for a ruthless/ devout helot girl protagonist :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow okay considering how many friends or possible LI the mc can lose in the final battle is it safe to assume that they’re gonna back to haunt us in form of nightmares or something along those lines?

I actually came across her life story in a guesthouse in Nepal and read through it, thinking the whole time that it was very very Choice of Rebels. :slight_smile: It was when I’d already written almost all of Game I, so I can’t say it was a significant influence, but it would be a terrific model for a tragic helot bandit protagonist.

Probably.

7 Likes

Choice of Rebels has a system of currency, the use of staters and silver. I am wondering what is the value of staters and silver. Can a single piece of silver buy a lot, for the average person? Our view is somewhat skewed, I think, whether we are a Helot or a Aristo. It is like the Aristo’s noble house. The house dealt with silvers, it says, and not staters. That the family wealth was tied up in trading, that is all gone because the protagonist rebels. How much wealth did the family possess before the rebellion? What is a lot of money to an impoverished but still titled and landed aristocratic house?

I ask because I do wonder on the value of all the loot my rebellion gained. In some playthroughs, I managed to gather some 20,000 to 30,000 (and a few time plus that) in silver. So, is 300 staters considered to be a fortune in this game world, even to a wealthy family?

The maximum money I achieve was 1500 no kidding. lol wow you are amazing

1 Like

Really? A single weapon purchased costs your rebellion 100 silver each. To outfit an army of a few hundred, you will need tens of thousands of silver to pay for all the arms. You must have achieved more than 1500 silver.

Welcome to Mara rebellion. You must be new. 42 rebels Absolutely no violence, no weapons no raids no anarchy no steal . And When I say no Violence I mean it until the end my men only defend themselves not attack our cause any havoc. So I get no money no loot no weapons except what people donate to me. Evil Gandhi

4 Likes