Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

You die, I found (playing as a pious character who had been declared eclect), because angels do not intervene.

9 Likes

Yes, that is a dilemma, I do like Yebben and more importantly my mc does too, but my mc dares not train him in magic straight away. The fact that he seems to be taking to it easier and more swiftly then the mc themselves did (Yebben likely starts with INT 3 in mechanical terms) does make that risky as it would cost us the mc’s monopoly on magic use in the band, right before we will be forced away from the band and into the Xaos lands for who knows how long. Now my mc can handle Breden, Radmar and Elery on their own, but if anyone of them turns a full mage Yebben to their side or vice-versa if Yebben teams up with one if them they would be in an excellent position to either split the band and weaken the Rebellion or usurp the mc outright.

This holds true even if you play the mc as a “secret theurge”, especially if you school your followers in literacy, as with literacy plus magic the mc has essentially given away all their cards or “tricks of the trade” so to say.
Again this wouldn’t be so bad if we could have remained with the band as sooner or later we’re going to need followers with these skills in order to win. But remaining would have allowed the mc to nurture these things and steer them in our desired direction, whereas with that enforced absence of the mc who knows what might happen?

3 Likes

I made a thread for spoileriffic guides. Starting with my theurge guide.

6 Likes

Choice of Rebels Guides (SPOILERS)

Is level 2 intellect necessary for succesfully ambushing the Architelone? Or if that isn’t what I need for that then can someone tell me please what are the requirements for that?

0 Likes

I think you should ask that on the hints thread. But it goes something like this:

No, you don’t need 2 INT. What you do need is the correct info, and you can coerce Bleys, tap into the merchant network or get a fellow noble (Aristo MC only) to tell you where the Architelone is going to pass.

But I only know how to do the Bleys route: you need to threaten his family, and to do that, you need at least 1 INT, after that you should pick the choice where Ciels threatens his wife, knife in hand. And, if you send the tax Architelone after Alaine or Ismene, you’ll be able to convince the Telone to join your rebellion.

6 Likes

No – but level 1 int is.

2 Likes

Every time i did that even with 91 religion i got killed

0 Likes

What factors influence whether or not characters agree to follow you into Xaos-lands? I’ve only had luck with Breden so far.

1 Like

No matter what you do Ragnar and Elery won’t follow you in. Only Ciel, Breden, de Firiac and the Firebrand are possible companions into the land. de Firiac and the Firebrand will follow you in no matter what but Ciel and I think Breden won’t if the two of them are banging.

1 Like

Two questions if you have the time

First, Is there no way of saving Carles the Jongler as an Aristocrat?

Second, Is there a reason the option to lead the charge against the Plektio with combat 2? Is it just because charging a wolf the size of a horse with impenetrable skin is a terrible idea?

0 Likes

Kala/Kalt isn’t an automatic success. Only de Firiac is, because they hold to a very literal definition of their honor.

0 Likes

Ahh right just re-checked, The Firebrand does refuse if you piss them off enough.

0 Likes

Thanks. I guess the other options are just red hearings.

Also, in Act 2, is there a point to setting traps if you plan to infiltrate your followers later? And is there any reason, mechanically, to teach your followers how to read if you plan on fighting the army head on? I can imagine that it might help to have literate followers later on, but it doesn’t seem to have much immediate importance if you don’t plan sending everyone back.

Seems like it’s more effective just to completely specialize your followers in one or the other depending on how you approach the ending.

2 Likes

It will.

Traps in the forest are only useful in affecting the outcome of Game I. Literate rebels will make a significant difference in later games.

6 Likes

How does one attract the firebrand and the noble to The Rebellion

1 Like

Pretty sure this was answered before. For The Noble you need 20 or less anarchy and something to do with not being a monster if you raided the temple but the 20 or less Anarchy’s the most important. If you have more than 20 Anarchy you’ll get the Firebrand if the Noble doesn’t join you. Either will appear slightly after winter

If you mean is there a way to get both of them then no I don’t think so.

2 Likes

My bad didn’t see the other post and also yes I was also asking if I could get both at once ty! (^°^)

0 Likes

So has anyone beat the army? I have tried everything but the best i can do is just get 1/4 of their army…

0 Likes

Yeah I managed to beat the army. At first, I had about 690 people. Lost around 240ish people (most of them ran away because of Breden so it cut down to around 470 or so. I don’t trust Breden anymore after this.)

You’d have to be a theurge with some rebels knowing how to read. And someone already posted a guide that helped me to do this in post #73 of this thread.

2 Likes

Choice of Rebels: Uprising — Lead the revolt against a bloodthirsty empire!

It is possible to beat the army as a character with any main skill – CHA, COM, or INT. But some routes to victory are easier than others.

3 Likes