Choice of Rebels-Uprising Help/Hints

You pick the first RO’s [Breden] gender at the start, and the other possible two are determined by Breden. If Bredend is a girl the other two will be boys, and vice versa.

I don’t remember who Horis is ahh

2 Likes

Horion? Sure, you just need to take him hostage if you don’t want him to die.

2 Likes

I finally played through a game where I managed to defeat the army at the end. Unfortunately, I had no internet when I was trying to upload my save file so the upload failed. Is there any way to get it back, or…do I have to play through the game again?

Do you at least remember what you did?

I remember my winter actions decently okay, and I remember my stats (2 in Combat, 1 in Charisma). Other than that I remember going through the battle in a bit of a panicked haze. Hmm. Hopefully I can reproduce enough from that.

@Ramidel I find it interesting that you have both a large total number of followers and a large number of them are literate. My playthroughs tend to result in one or the other but not both. My guess would be that it is because you let them keep getting sick which reduces the amount of food you need to acquire. On the other hand, my MC’s band had a lot more assets in the form of mules which could be sold for a lot of wealth. My MC had no interest whatsoever in winning over the Priests or the nobles.

Same here. My followers are on full rations starting week 2 and sometimes even week 1.

The contrast with the numbers I manage is interesting to me. These numbers were after evading the enemy during the summer while playing a covert wisard.

This is the state of your leadership and the rebellion:

Captain Alya de Serin
Born a noble of the Shayard Rim
Self-taught Wisard

Epithets
Called by your followers:
Open-Handed
Sometimes known by the alias Lucia.

Traits
Charisma: You are reasonably persuasive and charming.
Combat: You’re unlikely to win a fight or lead others to victory.
Intellect: You’re widely read on many topics, with an excellent memory and strong reasoning skills.

You are popularly seen to be:

Ruthless: 37% Compassionate: 63%
Skeptical: 77% Devout: 23%
Homelander: 39% Cosmopolitan: 61%
Followers
Your rebellion has 336 surviving followers, including 158 adults and 178 children.
Of these, 80 are literate.
Since the rebellion began, 129 of your followers have died.
Morale among the survivors is exceptionally strong.

Resources
Wealth: 264
Arms: 226
Mules: 50
Anarchy: 35

@idonotlikeusernames In chapter 3, visiting the cave instead of the strangers reduces the number of blood phials used in Chapter 4 by 1. If you want to save Breden from Radmar, confront Breden then delay judgment. Then while facing the final 3 Plektoi, only cut your hand against the first one then fight back with all of your will, use a phial against the second, and bees will account for the third. I think if you train Yebben in wisardry he can help bring down the cavern ceiling although it kills him but I cannot remember if that is the second or third Plektos. So that might be how to avoid using any blood phials at all but I like Yebben so not an option for me. In any case, using only 1 blood phial is quite doable, @Ramidel will have to explain how to use none.

4 Likes

Ahh no matter what Pin tells at me for not starving too because we’re not stealing much even if I’m feeding them well

O thanks.
If i choose Breden to be male then the other 2 will be girls? i thought
if you choose male then
you go to a gay ro option if playing a male

Horion, damn i forgot, thanks for the help.
But doing that will not ruin your relationship with him?
Also what if you ransom him?

Damn good stats, can you pm me a walkthrough if you have one?

5 Likes

I’d like a walkthrough for that too

1 Like

Could I get one too, please?

1 Like

My band also had about that many mules - past tense. :slight_smile:

And indeed - I let my healthy followers get sick and focus on recruiting fresh ones. They’ll all be fit for action come the spring regardless.

As for the zero phials, the trick is to be a covert theurge. If you stay covert all the way up to the first Plektos, you can win on personal blood alone.

Since we’re getting a lot of requests for guides, I’ll build mine in a bit.

4 Likes

Aaagh, I still cannot handle chapter 2 since its change way back in the beta days. If I try to run things myself it’s a death spiral of inadequate food and mules, and if I hand it over to Zvad instead for ‘story mode,’ he gets me >20 anarchy and a psychopath at the end of it, even if I only allow the bare minimum of raiding required to not have catastrophe that way.

Quite frustrating. :frowning:

1 Like

Dominic – especially for delving into Ch 2 code at its worst and most opaque

@Dominic Cheer up! If it were not for you, none of us would be able to handle Chapter 2 either.

2 Likes

Has anyone guessed the most dangerous door to xanos?

The answer is as follows:

Compassion

5 Likes

Does anyone know what happens if you select ‘‘Angels, Aid your servant’’ when you meet the group of enemy soldiers in the last chapter?

You die, I found (playing as a pious character who had been declared eclect), because angels do not intervene.

9 Likes

Yes, that is a dilemma, I do like Yebben and more importantly my mc does too, but my mc dares not train him in magic straight away. The fact that he seems to be taking to it easier and more swiftly then the mc themselves did (Yebben likely starts with INT 3 in mechanical terms) does make that risky as it would cost us the mc’s monopoly on magic use in the band, right before we will be forced away from the band and into the Xaos lands for who knows how long. Now my mc can handle Breden, Radmar and Elery on their own, but if anyone of them turns a full mage Yebben to their side or vice-versa if Yebben teams up with one if them they would be in an excellent position to either split the band and weaken the Rebellion or usurp the mc outright.

This holds true even if you play the mc as a “secret theurge”, especially if you school your followers in literacy, as with literacy plus magic the mc has essentially given away all their cards or “tricks of the trade” so to say.
Again this wouldn’t be so bad if we could have remained with the band as sooner or later we’re going to need followers with these skills in order to win. But remaining would have allowed the mc to nurture these things and steer them in our desired direction, whereas with that enforced absence of the mc who knows what might happen?

3 Likes