Choice of Alexandria -- BETA TESTERS NEEDED

Choice of Alexandria – as the tutor of young Pharaoh, your decisions will influence the outcome of empires – beta testers needed. An interactive novella by the author of Choice of Robots, @kgold.

Email me, jason AT choiceofgames for access. DO NOT SEND ME A MESSAGE THROUGH THE FORUM MAIL SYSTEM. When you send your EMAIL, include your forumname and the game you want to test. I would also prefer if you included your real name, but you don’t have to.

(You cannot be testing two games at once.)

I will send you a link, a username, and a password.

Return feedback TO ME. Preferably part of the same thread, rather than a new email.

I’m looking for “high level” and “low level” feedback. Not mid-level feedback.

Low-level = typos and continuity errors. A continuity error is when a character’s gender flips, or someone comes back from the dead, or you run into a plotline that just doesn’t make sense (because it’s probably a coding error).

For these low-level issues, SCREENSHOTS are VERY HELPFUL. If you see a problem, take a screenshot, or copy and paste the text that is in error, and email that. Also, the “BUG” button is great; but if you use BUG, make sure to say in your email who you are, so I can give you credit for the report.

“High level” feedback has to do with things like plot, pacing, and characters. “Scene A didn’t work for me because x, y, and z,” is useful feedback. “B character was entirely unsympathetic, because u, w, and v,” is also useful feedback.

“I had a great time and saw only a few spelling errors,” is not useful feedback. In fact, it’s the sort of thing that results in you not being given access to future betas.

4 Likes

Hello, I sent a email your way

hello i will love to test your game, i work 6/7 days so i just can do low level of feedback :confused:

Sent email request to you

Sending you an email right now.

Email has been sent.

I’ve also sent an email.

Hello! I’ve sent an email request.

Yeah, i sent an e-mail too

Hey, I have also sent a email.

I have sent the email.

1 Like

Sounds like a great project. I’d normally not be a tester, but would be willing to do so here; I teach philosophy and an avid interest in the ancient world (though I know more about Greece, Byzantium and Rome than Egypt), so if testers are still needed, I’d be up for it.

Without having read the game, it seems like a weird title. Alexandria was the Greek city that largely existed after the age of the pharaohs. Though maybe it’s a Cleopatra-esque thing and the “empires” being influenced are elsewhere in the Mediterranean.

what is your email because maybe im stupid but i dont see it in your text

If my memory serves me, Alexander and the heirs of Ptolemy adapted the Pharaoh title as a way to further assimilate themselves into Egyptian society/culture. It is the same tactics Alexander used in Persia.

How do I send my email request and to who

Oh I agree about Ptolemy et al. But that’s sort of my point - they were adopting ancient names for their own purposes. The great pharaohs of ancient Egypt, the ones who built the pyramids and everything, lived a thousand years before Alexandria. So I was just remarking that my instant impression seeing “choice of Alexandria” and “pharaohs” was that it was an odd combination, like “choice of Westminster” and King.

4 Likes

@laurent320 @Misa101 jason AT choiceofgames DOT com (no spaces between the jason, @ sign, and choiceofgames.com)

It says it at the top of the post:

hi i have send a email^^