Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Sage: But you’re also the reason to why pineapple pizza exists.
MC: … Uh-

4 Likes

MC’s inner monologue: this would be a good opportunity to mention her creation and Saxon’s but nope not ready to move on to the next life yet

4 Likes

MC: [desperately trying to think of a good excuse] That’s Aeson’s part of the Essence, I’m not guilty!
Edit: WAIT, WHAT IF DURING THE SALEM’S WITCH TRIALS,AESON’S CRIME IS CREATING PINEAPPLE PIZZA???

6 Likes

☆.。.:・°☆.。.:✧・゚: ✧・゚: m a g i c :・゚✧:・゚✧°☆.。.:・°☆.。.:・°☆

Actually, I do have to leave soon. So the post numbers should die down for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@rose-court

Are we…just having a competition on who can make the other more depressed on Independence Day? :sweat_smile:

At least I didn’t draw it. :sweat_smile: I was half-tempted to make a little comic short with no dialogue (just those that song’s lyrics) about Damon and Helena’s slowly straining friendship after they discovered Priscilla’s journal and Damon tries to his hardest to open his Sunshine’s eyes, protecting her the best he can while she chooses to make herself blind for a while. And on the lyric line ‘Please don’t take my sunshine away’, the last panels show a horrified Helena realizing the ramifications of her actions far too late as she looks at the scene before: a heavily injured Damon chained like a dangerous beast as Zeus looks down at him coldly and is preparing to make his judgement.

Now you’re just tempting me to write another little short of these two again. Holy crap, their potential friendship sounds both so sweet and so depressing at the same time (Damon is too experienced with his awareness and Helena has a dangerous lack of that exact experience).

2 Likes

Um, I was reading through Priscilla’s Journals and this sentence confuses me a bit: I should have told her about that dream I had. It was far too real to be anything less than a warning, a prenotion.
Mostly because I looked up the definition of prenotion, and it’s a rare word for preconception, and preconception is another word for bias. I think the word that’s supposed to be here is premonition.

lol that’s just Helena in a nutshell.

1 Like

Okay but if Saint is the spy then … my heart :broken_heart:. It would make sense to me, he’s a seeker and they’re doing crazy shit.

Edit: I blurred ‘the spy’ but then the link expanded and actually showed the words when I posted it so… useless.

9 Likes

And kids this is why you shouldn’t trust family even if you just met them.

narrows eyes at Saint I’m watching you, ya Judas…

1 Like

Or…

Pauses dramatically for effect

…Aeson could be the spy himself. He has very little fondness for the Greek Gods, and was described as having a mix of all seven of the deadly sins. When @Rohie was asked to describe the characters with one word along with ‘af’, the words for Aeson was ‘guilty af’.

Maybe Cronus has a particularly important connection of some type with the Bestower half of the Essence. One that Aeson is not proud of, but that he honors due to some type of personal reason. :thinking:

6 Likes

I can’t believe you guys made a tag on AO3 :smiley:; if you could have seen my reaction you’d have suffered from second hand embarrassment. I’m so floored by the support, you have no idea.

It’s inspired me to take a break from editing and do some fun one shots; so go ahead and send in some requests on the tumblr, and I’ll compile them for AO3 as well!

16 Likes

Of course we did! We love your story so much that we want to expand on it in our minds lol :slight_smile: and it should be fun to see what other people has for their own fan fics.

2 Likes

God, if Aeson was the spy then I’d be devestated.

But I still want those abs

5 Likes

Psst hey @Fay slides a glass of water Drink up. The thirst is real within you. Lol

9 Likes

I’m even more devastated by liking this conspiracy theory! I always assumed it was because of his deep seated issues from being raised all his life with us and the essence cited as his reason for living. At least, that’s the vibe I got from the asks? I want to trust at least one character, you know :joy:

Santiago’s the ultimate grey area, Sage wants you dead, Calypso is under a lot of pressure from Ares and her dream of joining Artemis’ squad, Adonis is an emotionally hapless wreck, Avery is sneaky sneaky, the Gods should find a goddamn hobby and Haris was supposed to be a backstabber. My Bearers don’t even know what to do anymore.

1 Like

OH FUCK YEAH AESON’S THE SPY.

What is my evidence? NOTHING. I just think it’s a compelling storyline.

But for the sake of argument, let me suggest another possible spy:

Avery

Y’all read that short were she coughed out black bile? Yeah… And Cronus’ influence is depicted as black tendrils…ooooooooh…spoopy

8 Likes

@Fay Do the abs have to be attached to their original owner? Because that can be arranged, if you’re not picky.

@rose-court, did you really just compare Raepdad’s influence to the Catholic Church? U wot m8?

1 Like

Aeson as the spy… :scream:

No, I compared Helena’s mindset and reasoning with my former mindset and reasoning regarding my faith.
I apologize, I didn’t mean to offend anyone faithful. :frowning:

1 Like

So after reading all about your Bearers, I became inspired to start seriously developing my own. I started with some aesthetic/moodboard things? to get a feel of the characters. I’m probably going to edit them in future but, for now, this is what they look like! :grin:

Summary

Electra

Elias

10 Likes