Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

Yes, yes, the game is currently bugged. It’ll be fixed in the next update. Patience, young padawan.

12 Likes

Before you can stop yourself, you’re lifting Garrett off the ground. Strength flows through you, a physical force “than” sets your muscles on fire. His eyes bulge out of their sockets, face contorting into pure shock. You lift him even higher, above your own head. His feet dangle, swaying under him.

should be that.

Aelin crosses {bfhis} arms, closing her eyes. After a moment, the only sound coming from a distant icecream trucks melody, she speaks.

not too sure what {bfhis} is but should be her

Tonight, you’ll be at work. Tomorrow…who knows? The hunters could appear just as easily as they disappear. You just know that"""" have to keep moving…for however long you’re able to.

should be you where “”""" is

She places her clipboard onto the desk, then turns back to you, smiling. “Well, first of all, this”"""" the ER wing in Asclepius Hospital," she looks around, bringing the nail of her index finger to her mouth. “We’re near the heart of Olympus right now, actually.”

“is” goes where “”""""’ is

Hello. First off I want to say I am in love with this game. I have always had a love for greek mythology since Hercules the Legendary Warrior and Zena. As for any critics I have; not sure if this one has be discussed before, but the last scene with your first Girl/boy/just friend felt a bit unresolved to me.

I know you wish to keep it vague, but the way it just cuts to a week later, and then again when the MC talks to Saint and Calypso with no mention of it; makes it feel like it meant nothing to the MC or the plot.

4 Likes

That’s quite the compliment! :blush:

1 Like

Isn’t that what Sage is, fundamentally? She’s a fiery girl who tries to kill you. Granted, her motivations are reasonable, and a particularly warmhearted MC might accept that, but she’s still TRYING TO KILL YOU. Not much of a foundation for romance.

6 Likes

Rohie must have something very special in mind for that romance, otherwise she wouldn’t have made Sage an RO.

We should all stop questioning the validity of the romance before we’ve even seen it.

23 Likes

Sooooo…is my mc the only one that kind of hates Aphrodite? Like I get the hate behind Ares (not really I love him, I will protect this angry ball of nerves.) but I hardly see any dislike towards Aphrodite in the forum :thinking:. Pretty sure she wants you equally as dead (along with a few others)… hell how does everyone feel about the Gods in opposition to you even being alive? :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

10 Likes

I think the thing is Ares is unapologetic in his hate, plus i don’t think he’s being very objective. Yeah Aphrodite wants us dead but at least she tries to be cordial with the MC. Plus unlike Ares she has the decency to tell us her reasons for why she thinks that way. Whereas Ares us basically “i hate you and want you dead without giving you a shot cause I’m an asshole.”. I’m not overly fond of Aphrodte but at least she isn’t a total dick to us

9 Likes

Well I like Aphrodite as a character – similarly the way I also like Ares as a character – but if you’re asking if my MC’s like her then the answer is no :))

All of them feel her cordiality is masking some agenda – I feel that if she can leverage the MC to her advantage she won’t waste the resource since Aphrodite as a character seems very particular about “control” – and my MC who is gunning after Adonis especially has some strong words for her due to the way the poor kid seems to have grown up the way he did. So in short, wary and distrustful at the very least towards Aphrodite.

As of the rest of the pantheon, it’s a complicated bag of feelings since my MC’s feel that the gods have reason to not want them around but at the same time the suffering they went through because of that paranoia is something they wrestle with.

Like one MC of mine is willing to let it go because she wants a family and will take it in whatever form it comes – like the girl is hungry for affection and love since she’s been terrified for a good deal of her childhood – and if hypothetically Cronus were to do that, she might actually jump ship depending how it’s written.

Honestly, with how Demeter greeted her, it wouldn’t be too far off for her to do a task for her just because she was kind.

I could go into my other characters and how they match up to liking/disliking the pantheon in its current form but yeah :)) that’s for another post

4 Likes

I hate all of them equally. Aphrodite is far more dangerous than Ares. He is hot head and easy to see him come. She is ruthless and sneaky. Also with a witty mind. Is one of more dangerous gods. But I don’t trust anyone

8 Likes

It helps that he is a hottie who is very easy on the eyes too. :wink:

4 Likes

Hi! Just popping in to ask, I saw a message somewhere above that said the reason you have to kill Saxon to get either Zeus or Hades as your father has been explained extensively before. Can someone tell me what that reason is? I want Zeus as my MC’s father but I don’t really want to kill Saxon ._.

I’d love to search for the answer myself, but the thread is soooo long :stuck_out_tongue:

The author wanted that have both Hades and Zeus had a somewhat hard decision to make to not be something automatically choosing. If you don’t want killing one of tthe guys who several times tried to kill you , killed your friend or first love, probably Killer your Aunt and destroyed your childhood. You ckuld have fish dad .

My MC would be more wary of Aphrodite, seeing that she actually uses her brain and has proven herself to be quite a schemer unlike Ares who is an impulsive idiot. So he would play it safe with her.
But my MC’s reaction to Area’s threats would be something like this

2 Likes

Well if you think about it the essence was distributed from Chaos to 4 primary divine beings, from them to 12 titans and from those 12 titans to the 12 Greek gods. So one god would only get 1/48 portion of the actual amount of essence. Where the bearer and the bestower each hold 1/2 of total essence. And there is a stat on how much your proficiency in using essence is. If that is even as low as 25%, the MC would be able to control 1/8 of the total amount of essence. By this logic the MC can handle anyone of the gods themselves. So why must we show deference to them?

That’s how it should be. And what we get is a weak sauce MC who faints all day.:unamused:

1 Like

Okay, can we please stop complaining about the mc’s power at the moment. Rohie has stated time and time again that this is an underdog story and I think I’ve seen enough complaining over our godly powers to last a lifetime.:persevere:

13 Likes