Children of the Gods (Important poll #12306)

I still have no idea how to make Zeus my father. I always got Poseidon but damn, he’s not even love me enough to be my father :sweat:

2 Likes

You need to kill the Seeker Inn the flashback and have Allure as your highest stat.
If you don’t kill the Seeker, then your father will always be Poseidon.

Ohhh…I’m trying for Zeus to notice me but thank you :grin:

There was also the possibility that you may have been a child of Zeus, which means she would automatically hate you with a burning passion.

I found a grammatical error. Early on in the game when your just arrive in Athens it says “You get not reply.”

That would leave no question as to why she doesn’t like the Bearer (Hera has never really been fond of ANY child sired by Zeus’ affairs) :sweat_smile:. And the one who is the Bearer’s father did state that very few people actually knew the fact of who was his father to begin with. It could be a case possibly of Hera mistaking the Bearer as one of Zeus’ children due to the fact that the Bearer is rumored to be his favorite regardless if he fathered them or not (and probably interacted with the Bearer in a way that arose this suspicion).

If that ends up being her main issue with them, I wonder how Hera would act towards you if she ends up learning that you are actually not Zeus’ child.

It might just be my mind running to deep down the rabbit hole but lately I have been thinking Saint might actually be our own child from a previous life. After all 18 is old enough to be a parent at least biologically as well as being at or past the age of majority in most developed nations. And being the child of the Essence could be indistinguishable from being the child of a god, at least in theory. And because, you know, our family needs more fucked up drama. Or something.

2 Likes

At this point should we even start keeping track of all our possible descendents considering all our past lives and the our children yea…
We have alot of “relatives”.
Hell for all we know we could also share a super distant relationship to calypso and adonis as well.

@faewkless

That’s assuming the Bearer ever managed to live a full enough life that they had married and made their own families. There’s always that chance that they were never really able to live past their 18th birthday all that often. Sure, they could’ve been loved by someone outside their birth family of the time, but maybe not long enough to have families of their own :cry:

Can the Bearer even have kids?

I’m assuming they can they are still biologically human the question is how often do they live long enough to even have kids.

I know people who had kids before they were 18. It’s not really all that rare. Of course dieing soon after is gonna preempt any "family time " but biologically speaking I’m sure we’ve been parents at some point or another. Expecially a longer time ago when people were starting earlier and died of old age in their 30s.

The question is whether the child would be a demigod or not. Maybe it depends on if you have been given the Essence yet.

Yeah but you know, the Bearer’s existence is a rather calculated scheme, and the Essence is far too powerful to let it pass on to other people. By this I mean that when the gods have kids, part of their power goes to them, so the logic tells us it would be the same for the Essence, which would be risky. So maybe Cronus or the Olympians did something to our biology (because gods be gods) or maybe even the Essence itself fucks us up. @Rohie, please shed some light on us

I found this update incredible. I like Zeus daddy . I just need a lie stat so badly. My girl hates gods really badly, However she wants to survive qnd in a reality show She has to use her charisma to be loved enough to get into the power. But like there is no lying stat people hated me even if I did lately all charming good actions even with gods. Like they have read mind powers and know I hate gods . Allure still being only cosmetic and only Aphrodite noticed I am pretty with 62 of Allure. A flavor text commenting how everyone looking at me walking and dancing commenting how pretty I am. Also I toast for kill Cronus and council and city metters et down and that has no sense.

2 Likes

It’s likely that the Bearer and Bestower were probably parents at some stage given they’ve been around for a helluva long time, but slight correction - people didn’t die of old age in their 30s so much as the average age of death (which included the ridiculously high infant mortality rates) was in the 30s - most people who survived childhood, regardless of whether it be in Ancient Greek times or in the medieval period, would have probably lived naturally into their 50s and 60s.

Also, I’m curious - @Rohie, you said that Demeter dislikes Aeson because he’s Hades’ son? But Demeter seems to get along perfectly well with the Bearer - will that change in future interactions if the Bearer is Hades’ kid?

To be fair life expectancy was heavily influenced by social status in the middle ages. 60 or older was possible for royalty who never experienced manual labor, but for the peasantry, who made up the vast majority of people, life after 40 was depressingly rare.

However my original post was about whether we could have been Saint’s parent so the point is moot.

1 Like

Demeter didn’t know who your father was, so she was trying to be civil. She was so fond of you simply because that’s how she is with most Demigods. Now, if you are a child of Hades, you’ll probably notice that she’ll start acting less kind toward you. It won’t be obvious unless you call her out, though.

I brought this up a hundreds of posts ago; so this is a perfect time to revisit this.

I did decide that having children has nothing to do with you being the Essence. You have been a mortal in every life but this one–it’s not like it’s impossible. In fact, it’d make more sense if it was highly probable.

There were children (no set number, since that seems too absolute) from previous lives. I have a vague of how to broach the subject/make it relevant. I know it’s something that will be acknowledged in the second or third flashback. It’ll be emotional either way.

There is no relation.

10 Likes

Spelling Error:
Sage shakes her head. “Why didn’t you just say that in the first place. Do you understand how impossbile you’re being?”

Impossible is spelled incorrectly.

And do they get power? I mean, the demigods get power from ther godly parent so…Thanks for clearing the other thing up by the way :grin:

The Essence is the soul of the Bearer/Bestower and I think some thousand posts or so ago Rohie mentioned that, no, their children have no special powers.

Edit- Here the post:

7 Likes