Cheerleader's Choice: Work In Pomgress Update 6/16/23 Cliffhangers, and What REALLY Happened

Character descriptions?

I was wondering how much detail players like when I describe the characters. I tend to avoid stating the race, skin/hair/eye color, and precise height/weight of the characters, because the game is set in New York, and the real cheerleaders I know have a very diverse look.

And because the PC can be any age, I also try to avoid mentioning exact ages, and letting the Player decide what “Young” and “Old” are.

If you played the demo, did you have clear images in your head of any of the team?

2 Likes

I sent Chapter 10 to my editor a couple of weeks ago, and Ch 11 is mostly finished too. But… Ch10 ends with a cliffhanger. How do readers feel about that? Would you rather each chapter be a complete storyline?

My idea is that Ch11 picks up a day after the cliffhanger, and those events have now become a notorious incident.

The PC sits down with a friend and explains “What really happened” during the infamous “Tuba Incident.”

1 Like

I enjoy cliffhangers! I think that kind of structure could totally work.

2 Likes

For me i don’t mind after playing this the cliffhanger sure annoying but if not annoying it’s a not a good cliffhanger right

1 Like

Commenting so the thread stays alive!!

I just happened to be sitting wishing there was a dance IF, I thought “well at least we have cheerleading” …

Then realized waaiiit a minute, there’s a Cheerleading game and I haven’t read it since the first few chapters. I came here and my heart was filled with so much joy, that the thread was still open and the game alive.

Yes, the game is still alive. I’m on the 12th chapter of it, which is over 80% of the way through. It’s set in New York, and I’m trying to make the city itself a character in the story; I just did a chapter where the PC challenges a Coney Island street gang to a hotdog eating contest.

Also, if you name your cheer team “The Warriors” you’ll get a little joke in this scene…

6 Likes

I love cliffhangers! As long as they get solved within the game.