Castle of Chaos

This is a rather amusing game for the whole dungeon crawly aspect, but I’m curious, does charisma actually do anything? I assume it allows you to get the surrender options to work, but it seems like all the other options just result in mortal combat. Is that right?

@Shoelip, thanks for the feedback and the question. Currently charisma is mostly only used to determine if the opponent is in the mood to talk when you encounter an intelligent one. Ugh monsters are not intelligent, and won’t ever talk to you. Others might talk, if you haven’t damaged them yet, depending on your charisma. But even if they talk, chances are that you’ll still have to fight them or flee (if there are any visible exits), unless they surrender to you or you surrender to them.

The intent is to expand the game over time, especially adding more non-combat situations.

Ah, cool. I don’t really have that much to say about the game at the moment. It’s got a fun basic dungeon crawl feature, but that’s about it, so there doesn’t really seem to be anything else to be said. It definitely shows potential. I do hope to see there being more to it in the future, especially some non-combat situations.

I seemed to get pretty good at combat after a while and I’d end up getting into a lot of situations where I’d talk to some NPC, they’d tell me they were going to kill me, and then die instantly from one hit while dealing 1 spite damage to me. As funny as that is the first few times it’d be cool if the intelligent enemies weren’t so comically suicidal all the time. Maybe the option to defeat them non-lethally, or if you’re way more powerful than them, just grab them in a choke hold until the calm down? Eh, maybe that’s a bit outside of the scope of this game, but the number of times I’ve had an intelligent enemy yell that they’re going to kill me only to instantly die is pretty silly.

I had 103 moves completed went to save hit save left came back hit load and no data could not recover what I had. Sucks as I was rocking.

@Shoelip, lol! Thanks for the feedback.

@Lordirish, did you use the Cookies save method or the HTML5 Local Storage save method to reload your game? If you used the HTML5 Local Storage method and it didn’t work, I’d like to hear more. Also, if you used the HTML5 Local Storage method and it failed, you should be able to use the Cookies method to get back to the last room you visited, if you haven’t already started over from the beginning. To reload the game using the Cookies method, select the last option on the startup screen (about saving and restoring your game) and then select the option to read about the Cookies save method. It will take you to the screen where you can load your last game saved by the Cookies method. Sounds confusing, I’m sure, but give it a try if you can.

What browser/device are you using to play CS games, btw?

I tried the htmls save but the cookie did get me back into the game thanks. I play from my smart phone It uses android 2.3 it does have issues with certain things on the web, mostly flash, and it won’t work with the latest version of flash. So it could be just my phone.

When you tried the HTML5 save, did a little window pop up that asked you to enter a name for your saved game? If it didn’t, or if you ignored it, then your game wasn’t saved. Maybe I should say more about that on the site. Thanks for your feedback, @Lordirish. I don’t have an android phone, so I have no idea how things work or don’t work on it.

A window does popup but it expands beyound the screen and won’t let me adjust the screen and can’t enter any text.

Hmm. I need to check and see if there is an update to jQuery UI; it’s the code that creates the popup window. You should see a screening effect that prevents you from interacting with any other elements on the page except for a little area in the middle of the screen with a text field where you enter the dataset name, and two buttons, one to save and one to cancel. Thanks for letting me know, @Lordirish.

@Lordirish, I have changed the links in the index.html file to point to the latest jQuery and jQuery UI files. Could you please reload the game and see if the HMTL5 Local Storage Save Game link works for you now? I mainly want to know if you are able to enter the name for a saved game in the pop-up window, or if it is still impossible to enter text in the pop-up. If you are able to enter text, could you try saving and restoring using the HTML5 Local Storage method and letting me know if it worked or not? I appreciate your help!

Sorry still not working right. Its better but not there yet. If I trun my phone sideways I can just make out the text box. I put text in I think, but went to load and can not get to the text area. I resized several times but hangs to the lower left and can not slide it over.

@Lordirish, I’ve implemented three pairs of Save/Load game links that use my HTML5 Local Storage methods of saving the game. Could you see if they work for you? I’ve removed the ability to name your saved games, and given you three slots instead. This alleviates the need to bring up the dialog window to ask for text to be entered. I think three slots should be enough for a game like this, but if you think more would be appropriate, please let me know and I can add more slots.

I will be happy to try it tonight not much signal here. Will let you know soon as I can.

Works great and I think 3 is a good number.

Cool. Thanks for your help and feedback, @Lordirish.

Next, I’ll see if I can get it set up to save to a database on the Eposic server, so the game can be saved from one computer/device and continued on another. I might have some time this weekend, though my real job is also in need of my attention this weekend, so we’ll see how far I get.

This does get tougher as you go, almost have to heal after every battle. X:113 y:66 moves:236 how deep does this go?

1000 x 1000 8-X

lol and here I thought I was doing good. By the time I reach the end I should be strong enough to beat lord what’s his face.

I hope you have more content coming soom I am up to moves 286 and sure would like to see something new. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, I may have missed it, how do you implement the save system this would be great for my game. Thanks.