"Cannonfire Concerto" — A symphony of intrigue begins an overture to war!

Could someone tell me what are the romance options?

1 Like

I’m super into this because I’m an actual classical violinist by trade. Anyway, apparently there’s a famous keyboard player who is my rival? It DOESN’T MAKE SENSE. We would just play sonatas, hello.

8 Likes

Also, I have to choose between talking to the newspaper, buying a dress, and then going to the local pub drum up audience? Any respectable musician does all three every day!

Violinists do not play solo Mazurkas.

4 Likes

I get redirected to steam when I hit the buy button on the CoG site. Either it isn’t working or I’m missing something.

2 Likes

Seems as if perhaps CoG ditched their own webstore in favour of Steam? :worried: Clicking on in-game link takes me to Steam website.

1 Like

I guess what I mean is that’s barely enough for me to feel like it’s significant.

I care about Anna, and Cornelius (think that was the name?). There’s no other real background that makes this place feel like ‘home’. The narration isn’t doing it for me, I suppose.

EDIT: I should clarify that it’s just not to my taste after a first playthrough. There’s a lot of stuff to miss depending on your decisions, and if you don’t know what you’re looking for/what your goal is right away the point of the game can feel a bit nebulous. A second playthrough felt much more rewarding than the first since I was properly introduced with what to expect.

2 Likes

I consider this one to be a “so okay, it’s average” sort of thing. It had the potential of being a great game. Music is an interesting and unique theme for a COG, probably just as unique as wrestling was for Slammed!. Add music and a brewing war between nations, then it would have been gold.

But then it went too deep with the war, the conspiracies, and the often confusing stats. There were too many NPCs and factions to look out for, which made choosing sides very confusing. To be honest, even though the choices say that you love your hometown (I always pick that one), I found the narration treating it just like any other city you visited during your tour. As for the ROs, I was confused over the fact that it says that you seem to be attracted to a lot of people, there seem to be only two(?) ROs in the whole game.

But despite the flaws, i liked it. It just did not meet my expectations. Like I said, the concept was nice, and different for a change. Plus, I get to be like Lindsey Stirling, for one performance only, though.

2 Likes

what I’m still confused by the game itself and its features list you’re going to get involved in the political drama

1 Like

In my session I ended up supporting the invader but still used an ally to break the invader’s siege - that didn’t really make sense to me.

1 Like

That happened to me too. I assumed I had missed something important, plot-wise.

2 Likes

I could also use a bit of help w that…

Despite its flaws (which were few and far between) I did enjoy it. I wish there were more RO’s actually but other than that I was pleased.

1 Like

Who exactly are the romance options?

I believe there are only two, The Count/ess or Anna

1 Like

There are indeed only two romance options.
If anyone has any questions about the games under the Choice of Games or Hosted Games label, as long as it is on Steam I can probably answer it. Just chuck me a mention (by using @zakkarian) in the appropriate thread.

1 Like

I finished Cannonfire today, so I’ll write a few words.

And I’m glad I played it, because it was incredible. The prose was great and balanced and, despite the descriptions during the musical perofrmances, it didn’t feel heavy-handed, but rather poetic. It was also witty, filled with character and nice choices. Using an interview to set up the MC’s personality was a nice touch, it felt more fresh than having direct choices to set up your personality, and hearing the protagonist’s cruel, pious or mysterious remarks was fun. The characters were dstinct and I liked them quite a bit. I guess that goes mostly to how the author worked to set them as being physically different from each other. Also the way the speak, by the end, it felt like everyone had developed their own voice.

The whole setup was interesting, despite being obviously based on early-modern Europe (Sclavia was Russia, Lithaltania was Lithuania, etc). The use of Genius as a magic system-esque thing was really smart. It didn’t need so much explaining, but I like how “magic” in the world was less cerebra than, say, a Brandon Sanderson novel, and more raw and subjective. Like when the MC and Ruggiero duel.

Boy, it was good. When I finished it, I could barely wait to start again and make different choices. It felt a little like the Choice game I wish I had written. @jasonstevanhill, my compliments to the author.

6 Likes

weell I finished the game recently and I enjoyed it. But there is several things in question about the game. I have unlocked the “Guardian Angel” but I have no idea how it was unlock and I kinda thought the mysterious person that help us in our escape early in the game will involved so much, but then it isn’t tho. I have been looking for the romance option and only find the possibility with Anna and Count Zerov. With Count Zerov, I can’t seem to find a romantic ending with him too…