By Crom: A Celtic Adventure

Ultan’s path is broken. The game tells you that you left him even if you picked the bring him along option.

2 Likes

I’m still playing the first chapter and while I’m really liking it so far I have noticed a lot of weird changes between past and present tenses, I think it’s worth taking a sec to fix that :slight_smile:

Is there any way to save my brother? Is he meant to die? I keep replaying so bad just to save him.

Hey! just wanna let you know, the beta doesn’t have any save slots. It just says ‘Error: Bad Slot’ for me. Already tried to restart and close up my tabs on my chrome a few times but still says that every time

5 Likes

Hey all
Had a lot going on recently so haven’t been able to get back to people quickly, sorry about that.
Now most of those issues should be resolved and I’ve added the opportunity to save a certain Conan!
Small grammar areas etc may still need some work but the major bugs should be gone. Also the save slots are up and running again!
Thanks a mil,
Fionn

8 Likes

Hey all, just a question,
I sent it in to hgsubmissions@gmail.com and just wondering how long it usually takes to get a response? I sent it in over a month and a bit ago, obviously not trying to pressure hg but just wondering if theres a different email i should have sent it into?
Thanks a mil

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be to greatly worried yet my understanding is that they have a huge backlog of games in the que.

I would probably wait another couple weeks if haven’t heard anything then would ask for a update from whomever you need to speak with. :smiley:

Hi, i just recently read the demo. I like the stories but i’m kinda confused with the names because it switched sometime, like Cara, sometime they call her Sadhbh and then they called her Cara too, maybe you can change it into one name or put the fullname on stats? Oh and talking about Cara, is there anyway to save her or she’s supposed to die?

2 Likes

Hello, I just started the demo and I believe I found a possible mistake. I usually download the txt files of a WIP to read along once with the chapter I’m in. My apologies in advance if this causes offense to read through your code.

The mistake in question is in line 209 and 217 of prologue.txt. There are two choices that don’t seem to appear as choices to the player due to indentation. I’m not sure if this was intentional in terms of these choices being a scrapped idea. Just a heads up if it was a small indent mistake.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for spotting that. I did a name change at some point there and I must have missed a few,
I’ll do another quick proof read asap.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I appreciate that,
Thanks!

3 Likes

No worries at all and thanks so much for letting me know,
I’ll get fixing that asap.
Cheers,
Fionn

3 Likes

Hey, sorry to bother and no problem if you can’t remember,
but were there particular moments you remember when Sadbh was referred to as ‘Cara’.
It would be really helpful.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for sharing your game, I had played it before awhile ago, and decided to do a replay today when I came across this bug:

line 205: No selectable options

It happens during the scene very close to the beginning when you’re wrestling with C- then there are two options, to try to wriggle free or slap mud in his face with your free hand. It doesn’t matter what order you choose them in, once you’ve chosen the second one, the screen freezes and that error pops up

4 Likes

Keep getting the same error here

3 Likes

Here they call Sadbh as Cara and are they the same character or is this a mistake and if they are the same character is there way to save her or does she always die

Thanks so much for letting me know,
All fixed!
Glad you like the game,
F

4 Likes

Thanks a million,
All fixed,
F

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, yes they’re the same character and that’s fixed.

Spoiler

Unfortunately she can’t be saved. It leads to the following scenes.

Cheers,
F

4 Likes

Right after the boat scene with anybody, Caelan´s relationship jumps to zero, dont know if its an error or its intentional