BUNNIES! - simple colony management game

Yeet

5 Likes

Happened across this game really randomly and saw the word bunnies so I went for it. Perfect for just trying to play something fun text-based that still requires you to use some brain-cells. I love it! Excuse me while I go order my bunnies to dig more warrens so we can wage war later.

1 Like

Hey check it out! “Bunnies” has done more good in the world… @Jacic has released a game “Dragon Chronicles” that is slightly influenced by this game :slight_smile: Check it out here, I’m enjoying it: https://dashingdon.com/play/jacic/dragon-chronicles/mygame/

4 Likes

Are you still working on BUNNIES!

“Bunnies!” is basically finished, it’s everything I intended it to be, and I learned a lot about choice script doing it. I guess the only thing i wished it had was commas in the numbers (hard to tell exactly what “162547282 bunnies” really means…
I’m working on other projects now. :wink:

5 Likes

Hey Bob, I just wanted to provide a sample of code for associating a text value with a numerical one. It doesn’t give you commas in your number, but it will give you a description of how big that number is, i.e. “under ten” or “under one thousand” etc.

Thanks for a hopping good time with BUNNIES! :slight_smile:

Code
*title test
*author test

*create number 5
*create amount ""

*label main
*gosub amount
Amount of bunnies: ${number}
*line_break
(${amount})

Change this amount to...?
*input_number number 1 9999999999

*goto main

*label amount
*if length (number) = 1
 *set amount "under ten"

*if length (number) = 2
 *set amount "under one hundred"

*if length (number) = 3
 *set amount "under one thousand"

*if length (number) = 4
 *set amount "under ten thousand"

*if length (number) = 5
 *set amount "under one hundred thousand"

*if length (number) = 6
 *set amount "under one million"

*if length (number) = 7
 *set amount "under ten million"

*if length (number) = 8
 *set amount "under one hundred million"

*if length (number) = 9
 *set amount "under one billion"

*if length (number) > 9
 *set amount "over one billion"

*return

1 Like

hi, Carlos, and thanks!

Does choicescript have a MID$() function? (the ability to take a part of a string, starting at character x, for length y)

I bet i could turn that method into something with commas if there’s a mid()

:smiley:

(probably not what people are hoping for… I suppose they want content)

There’s not really a MID$() function, but we can achieve functionality very similar to that; it’s just a bit of work. Choicescript does have an & function, meaning that it’s possible to add things on.
For example:

*temp one "hello"
*temp two " "
*temp three "world"
*temp four ""

*set four &one
*set four &two
*set four &three

four = ${four}

In this example, the variable four would display hello world

However, let’s change the code and see what happens:

*temp one "hello"
*temp two " "
*temp three "world"
*temp four ""

*set four &one
*set four &two
*set four &(three#1)

four = ${four}

Now, the variable four displays as hello w

When you use a code like *set variable &(thing#number) you are telling it to add a specific character in that string. That said, all you’d have to do is…

• check to see if the length of the numerical value is over 3, i.e. 4567
  • add “one number at a time”
    – i.e. in the above example I would use an empty variable then concatenate the 7, then the 6, then the 5, then add a comma, then the 4 so if I did that it would display as 4,567

As far as when to put in the comma, you can create a counter and come up with a subroutine. The limits are your imagination. :grin:

The problem with doing that is that you would end up with 765,4 instead of 4,567… so it’s buggy but you get the general idea.

Edit: Solved it! Go here for a solution: Adding commas to numbers

interesting gameplay would be nice to have a easy difficulty for the more casual interactive novel readers

Looking forward to seeing them in the future :smile:

Why does it say unfortunately? :smiley:

Hi all, I just want to say that I am working on an update. @BABYCRY , that’s a math error, it will be fixed in the update.
In general, I’m doing some balancing, and also adding a few more events. Nothing major, but probably something worth looking at again :wink:

2 Likes

OK, the update is live

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.