BREACH: The Archangel Job - (Released! | Discussion) New Discord

Yeah. I’ve been fixing the gender problems back and forth because in my mind, the default MC is male, and the default Mouse is female when I write, and when I play them, I use a female MC and male Mouse.

And yeah, pacing’s off mostly (probably, I think for me) is because it starts being too descriptive and too much exposition. I’m gonna be cutting the first chapter before I start making the second chapter. Just a few snipes here and cut out unnecessary stuff there.

If you’ve got any suggestions please do tell, I’d love to listen. I did say I encourage critics and nitpicking…

4 Likes

@MichaelMaxwell
Hey dont forget me with the private beta okay ? doing reread now btw and You need to improve that Grammar non negotiable im afraid :smiley: this is very high quality game but that grammar is like red color to the bull. :slight_smile:

Edit: BTW you should up the ammount of money in the cheat difficulty. and i think i got bug there with always rolling natural 20 dont working. i think you should set the luck to 21 or 22 for it to work, it might have to do something 0 also counting as number so 20 is essentially 21

EDIT:2 You need to clean up the code. i see 2 Chapter 1 and its going to get confusing real fast.

Edit:3 Could i suggest eastereggs names ?
I got Jason Bourne,Jack Bauer, Michael Thorton, and Natasha Romanova. i think it would fit a bit.

1 Like

Alright, so instead of just cutting a few stuff, I’ve decided not only to cut a few stuff, I’ve decided to do a complete editing and reviewing of the first chapter. Which means Chapter 2 will be halted for progress. But I think it’ll be worth it. :slight_smile:

If you have suggestions for new content or changes, feel free to let me know! :grin:

@CaesarCzech
And as for grammar, I really do need an editor (That actually speaks English as a mother tongue) for this… like, seriously… :sweat_smile:

Private beta will start at 30th of October, I’ll try to be active as much as I can. I probably realized this when I started but it’s much apparent to me now that I’ve bitten off more than I could fit in my mouth, let alone chew. :sweat:

I don’t know if I should make a new topic for the Private Beta recruiting, but so far the only names I got now would be
@CaesarCzech
@Curious_Boy

If you’d like to join in the private beta, let me know! So far I’m currently cutting a few things for the first chapter to hopefully making less heavy do that it doesn’t drag so much and hopefully make things more interesting

1 Like

I don’t feel the first chapter dragged, I really thought it was interesting and I was caught up with the game all the way through in my most recent play-through. Was a little different with the interjection that suspended disbelief every now and again at any moment it seemed like there might be some backstory for the character, however, it worked. Certainly not the best story I’ve ever read, but I was left wishing there was more when it suddenly ended, so I’d say it was well done.

3 Likes

Well, nevertheless, I’m still going to do a re-cut for the first chapter, and will post it before the private beta. The first chapter is supposed to catch your attention, the second chapter is to fuel your curiousity, the third chapter is to fuel your excitement, and only the last few chapters will fulfil your curiousity. :wink:

I’ll be reviewing the first chapter and cut out unnecessary bits and add a few explanations if need be and post the update a few days before I start the Private BETA

Speaking of which, I’ll go make a new topic to sign up for the new beta! Helps keep things organized for me…

Thank you all for helping me in my journey to finishing the first chapter! :smile: I know my progress is slow, but I’m currently moving from place to place, will be back to Toronto soon, and progress speed will return to normal, hopefully…

2 Likes

Beta Test Sign Up

2 Likes

Would someone please add the post link to the topic’s heading please? right below the playtest links, above the polls.

[Private Beta Sign Up](https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/breach-the-archangel-job-private-beta-sign-up/21313)

terribly sorry to bother you, I’m not really a regular yet…

EDIT: Thank you @Cecilia_Rosewood !

1 Like

Something like that? :arrow_up:

Regulars can’t alter the first post of a topic either. Only the title.

1 Like

Oh, well. Thank you for telling me! and for adding the link! Sorry to bother you…

1 Like

DEVELOPMENT LOG#14 (30-october-2016)

• Re-cut, revised and edited prolouge
  • Re-cut, revised and edited Chapter 1 start, Al’s grocery(a bit), precinct scenes, warehouse scene, flight to chicago scene(a bit), new apartment scene(a bit), church scene, The Mill scene, and the “Picking the crew” scene
  • Fixed chapter 1 looping
  • Mobile Optimization! (hopefully)
  • OPERATION: Input a phone feature into Choicescript_Stats to review info (20%)
  • OPERATION: Gregory’s Glorious Goods (Every Robber’s One-Stop Store) (56%)
  • OPERATION: MC vs Narrator (36%) (Halted)
  • rewriting: Breaching Script (50%) (Halted)

Possibly the last public update… I know I’m a little behind schedule on the private beta, and I’m very sorry for the delay!

It’s my birthday today and I took the time to, well, enjoy the day all by myself, and completely forgot that I have a game to finish…

Will be launching the private beta very soon!

Again, thank you all for participating! Every last one of you! :smile: You’ve all helped me so much in making the game. I hope you’re all having a good day!

P.S: I should’ve added that the edits are intended to further make mobile testing smoother.

4 Likes

wow… Happy Birthday!! :tada: wish you all the best~

2 Likes

@MichaelMaxwell

Happy Birthday to you. i hope none of Archangels breaks fourth wall and steal your birthday presents ? Fugging deathpool :smiley:

2 Likes

My birthday present is hiking on my own while listening to an audiobook of “Ballad of the Whiskey Robber”… I don’t think anyone’s gonna steal my birthday present

Rook: Yeah, keep telling yourself that...

Shut up! You’re not even in the story yet!

Rook: Not yet, and you still have a private beta to work on... so no hiking!

Sigh Alright! I’ll go work on the private beta!.. thanks a lot @CaesarCzech … but seriously, thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Oh, can someone please change the topic? Thank you in advanced :sweat_smile:

1 Like

change it like that? (updated : 30-Oct-2016).
btw, cant report (actually cant playtest it) atm… :sob: maybe tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s alright! Please, take all the time you need. I’m currently setting up the private beta currently, probably be done by tomorrow…

I’ll be making a private thread for everyone listed in the Private Beta Sign Up and I’ll probably start tomorrow… Thank you all again for helping me!

Keep in mind, that this is a Big Branching game… (I actually don’t know, considering this is my first game with ChoiceScript…) This will be a LONG process, but hopefully it’ll be worth it :smile:

1 Like

here is some report, but mostly i keep skiping the part i though i already read before, so there is a chance i miss something :sweat_smile:

The plan is simple. The Picard(the one who planned it) acting as the Leadfoot, drives the team from the hiding spot straight to the front of the store. From there, Shotty, Smiley, and Chains will enter the store in that order. (just add space)

He turns to you and say “Go on now… I need to care of the car…” Waving you away. (did you mean “i need to take care of the car”)

ou resist the urge to look around, knowing he probably has a gun pointed directly behind your head. (you)

You pick him up in a cradle and start carrying him to your room. You lay him down on your bed and cover her with a blanket, before walking around to your side. (him)

1 Like

Yeah, we had two Haydens working here before one quited (quit)

1 Like

Happy be-lated birthday!

2 Likes

@AwkwardNature
Thank you!
@InsanityRun
@Curious_Boy
Fixed

2 Likes