Born a king:beta testing

I’d also like to mention… When I did a little run through I noticed a lot of 'i’s being lower case… But apart from a few mistakes here and there I really liked it :smiley:

Cant wait I am sure by time time your done it will be gold :smiley:

Alright I fixed all the i’s being lower case when they shouldn’t have been i made the fixes to the spelling and grammar (thank you by the way)

I don’t have a program on my computer with spell check no Microsoft word or anything.
You see i built my computer from scratch and at the time it didn’t seem necessary to buy Microsoft word as its very expensive. so i don’t have a nice spell checking program. though i do type allot of the story in my internet browser since it has spell check but no grammar check.

By the way this is appleduck28 i just can’t sgin in with my twitter account so i have to use my back up.

the next update is almost done.

There is a free alternative to MSOffice: OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org/).

(Personally don’t know much about it, just stating that there is an alternative if you want to try it out.)

I use open office these days. It’s a good alternative to MS Office, but I still miss MS. After 15 years of using it, the shortcut keys, which don’t work in Open office, have been engraved into my brain.

(twitter is working again yay :slight_smile: ) i didn’t know open office was free i used that in high school all the time. Man my school was cheap.
i will down load it thanks reaperoa

The update is up now which means the book makers path is done tomorrow i will update with the knights path…or at least half of it.

appleduck28 are you sure the book makers path is done when i try to slay him the game crash or get some kind of error, same with the mage path after i done the test and the demon woman pat me on the back.

The book maker path error is now fixed but again once the path is done the game crashes because there is nothing past that. When Saveen pats on the back once the chapter is done it will go to the chapter ending summery that all the job paths will go into to explain somethings before chapter 2 but as i have said that text isn’t there because im not writing till all the job paths are done once they are chapter one will be done and i will write chapter 2. so the mage path is done and yes it is supposed to crash at the end. the error for the book maker at they slaying part was a typo in my varible so thats fixed but one you choose to do that it will crash because the path is ended but not the chapter.

ooh OK looking forward to try out the other paths.

One last quick update tonight
i down loaded open office and spell check my whole game, (took for ever)
There are still some error from words i spelled so wrong spell check was like i have no idea what your try to spell so its not perfect but its better then before.

also guess how long i have been working on this game.

Months?

oh so thats why it crashes :D. Good to know.
Really loving the game mate.

Ok now im getting alot of � in the text. :S

Edit:

In the Bookmaker path.
When you get locked in your room and shout for help the game crashes.
Just letting you know

Thanks txu i fixed the error and sorry scraletgeisha you are wrong i have been working on it exactly two weeks.

You’re a fast worker.

That is because i don’t have a job and i am home all day. :smiley: But i have trouble concentrating so im also working on a second game which is just as far.

Well, I am largely home all day but I wish I am half as fast as you. I take so long to develop ideas for fleshing stuff out, even if I already have a skeleton.

Well in your defense i do pretty much nothing other then type these games lol. >.> i have’nt left my house in days. (not that i left it much before) After all in between working on this game and the other one i also write and draw two comics plus id do the art for another two. now i just need to make money with one of these things. lol.

Man appleduck, I wish I could work that fast. Anyways, Error/Helping Time! :stuck_out_tongue:

“You memorize this moment, and there movements.”
(watching the people dance at the ball) should be
“You memorize this moment, and their movements.”

“The night carry�s on much like this, you learn several dances.”
(a few lines down) should be
“The night carrys on much like this, and you learn several dances.”
(Not sure what that error symbol is for, but there shouldn’t be anything there anyways)

Additionally, I’m getting the same error symbol for every apostrophe.

About the scene where you escape from the dungeon with magic. It feels… well, let me put it in my perspective. I’m eight. That is, well, really young. Like, kids still commonly have bed-wetting troubles at that age. Then, I help a wizard and he gives me a non-answer about learning magic, but probably helps me to start down that path. Now, withing 24 hours (hell, probably within 12 from the way it sounds) I go from ‘does not know magic’ to ‘just blast straight through solid rock’. So, um, at ten, why am I not just leveling towns with the power of my mind and taking what I want? Now I don’t think you meant for it to sound that powerful, but it does. Either the description needs to be made significantly more subtle, (You use the air to exploit cracks in the ceiling, then dig your way through of dirt to the surface), or there needs to be something telling you that you aren’t that powerful all the time (You nearly die from exertion and barely make to a point where you feel safe enough to rest before passing out). (After finishing the game once through, it sounds as though you learn things once as a wizard, when things are really tough, and you don’t progressively get better with practice. If that was your intention, that could be clarified, probably by the wizard who speaks to you at the start.)

“Your master hands you a leather bag. “Now ${Name} any wizard will tell you that they cant teach you magic.””
(apprenticing under an elven mage at 14) should be
“Your master hands you a leather bag. “Now ${Name} any wizard will tell you that they can't teach you magic.””
Also, commas around the PC’s name aren’t necessary, but they are technically supposed to be there.

Actually you forgot the apostrophe on can’t a number of times. I’d ctrl+f ‘cant’ and replace them with ‘can’t’

Also, the ‘stats’ are rather non-descriptive. I have no idea what ‘nature’ was supposed to mean when it popped up before I started apprenticing (and just realized that it isn’t actually listed in the stat sheet).

Also, I have no idea why my character would assume demons aren’t real. He has already heard about them from the first wizard, and no one has seemed to claim that they aren’t real. Maybe where the elven wizards reveals his dealings, the PC can be shocked because he has never met anyone that has made a deal with a demon (as far as he knows).

Also: Clearness problem, when the elf wizard and demon talk back and forth, each time the speaker changes, you need a new paragraph. No exceptions. Even if the first person speaks with the first part of the paragraph, the explicitly dies in the middle, then another person with a distinctly different speech pattern talks about the first person having died at the end of the paragraph. Not just because it is a rule, but because it is necessary to keep a smooth flow to dialog.

“Now enough talk take that bag and go gather plants you think will make a good potion.”
should be
“Now, enough talk. Take that bag and go gather plants you think will make a good potion.”

Also, the exact nature of the world seems very vague. It’s pretty high fantasy, but there are questions like ‘how common are elves?’ (From what is said about them, I’d guess anywhere from 10~50% of the population). ‘how common is magic, and can anyone learn it?’ and if anyone can learn it, why doesn’t everyone?

The line ‘“This is not quite how i thought i would you.”’ makes no sense to me (even in context) (It’s from when the elf wizard dies facing the dragon.) Also, he’s still got form and everything, so why does the Saveen take over the PC’s training anyways?

Im editing the over powered magic scenes but i think you mite need to refresh your cache as i already went threw and fixed the can’ts.

i have added some info into it to give the player a better idea about both how magic works and how likely you are to run into an elf.

i have also made the change to my paragraphing when it comes to dialog.

that last line is a typo created when i auto spell check. “This is not quite how i thought i would look.” is what its supposed to say. and saveen explains why she takes you under her wing.

i think i got every thing.

Thanks for your help. and i totally get your point about the magic sound over powered consider it fixed.

@appleduck28 Well, I may have left the game open for more than a few hours before I actually played it. >.< Additionally, shit man, that was quick.