Mark what race and how you want your self-insert character to meet their end! The poll records who answers what, so I’ll just cross reference it.
There are three polls (two for your demise) because of all the options. Read through them all and be paralysed by indecision!
- Halfling (i.e. the Not Hobbits)
- Old age
- Stabbed by a vagrant for your delicious pie
- Toasted and eaten by a dragon
- Trampled by horses
- Trampled by orcs
- Brain aneurysm
- Shot in the face with a ballista
- Cut in half by an ogre with a fishing line
- Tripped and fell on your face
- Heart attack
- Cancer of the lungs, liver, throat, stomach, and skin
- Slipped and fell off a cliff
- Rammed to death by an angry sheep
- Turned into a zombie by a wizard who accidentally cast the wrong spell to cure your leprosy
- Asphyxiated by magical vines
- Stabbed one thousand, four hundred and thirty-five times by an angry pixie with a toothpick
- Turned to stone by a snake-haired monster woman
- Turned to stone for fun, as an experiment, and forgot to activate the spell to turn you back
- Poisoned by an apple meant for a lonely princess
And if you don’t like any of those, here’s more:
- Rolled off the wrong side of the bed and landed on a building block toy
- Drank too much, passed out, and never woke up
- Crushed by a dead giant owl after watching it fight a giant moth for an hour
- Flesh-Eating Bacteria
- Smited by a bolt of lightning from a god for wearing the wrong type of fabric on a Thursday
- Drew the short straw to try out that mysterious new mushroom
- Insulted a warlock’s mother and got your arms turned into legs and your legs turned into arms and your face turned upside down
- Spontaneous combustion
- Impaled by an icicle chucked by a yeti
- Beaten to death by a blind ogre who thought you were a gazelle
- Roasted by goblins on a spit
- Collapsed from exhaustion after defeating one hundred and one savage orc warriors in single combat one after the other
You have extra left bracket on the final poll tag. Noicely done.
shouldn’t will’s polls be in their own thread?
A bit of advice to people who want to be added to their favourite games. Be mindful of your request and how it fits into the author’s world.
For example if your favourite game is set in a world where everyone are mages and can control a single element. Don’t ask for your character to control two elements.
An author will be less willing to add a broken character than a well thought out character that fits the world like a glove.
When I let people make suggestions I ask for a name, age a bit of a background, any notable skills. Then I take that information and expand it into the world letting it grow into the UnNaturalverse.
The suggestions for Ashley, Austin, Lakota and Victor were simple, well thought out and fitted nicely within the world I was writing so it was more easy for them to be incorporated and grow into the characters they are today.
Why would we need two threads about being inserted into an IF?
Well, the polls are for being in your game, right?
So that bit should be in your game’s thread? For organization?
I figured @will was just making a joke, judging from some of the poll options
I’ve seen weirder, truth be told
I like the being shot in the face option, that happened to me by my ally in a dnd campaign once.
I’m writing the game In the Service of Mrs. Claus. A lot of it revolves around making the list and checking it twice.
I’d love to put a scene in where you can skim through the list and see a bunch of people from this forum. If you’re interested, let me know what name you’d like me to put, and whether you want to be “naughty” or “nice”.
Thanks, I’ll add you to the list!
@Jender thanks for the headsup about pinging!
@Szaal : non-binary choices are completely acceptable
I’ll add all the new people to the list. Thanks, everyone
Not nice, if deviation is allowed.
But naughty works too.
Guys, we are all getting ping’ed when you answer the MRS CLAUS question. Message him please.
Ah, so you want us to declutter the thread by PM-ing instead of replying in the comments?