Attracting more attention and more readers to your WIP

I’ve received comments to change my story into gender-choiced, but nah. I have different plans for my story.

2 Likes

I think next one is gender locked female. Isn’t it @Sophia

1 Like

Yeah, it was my intention from the beginning to have different POVs that the player can play. So they will either play as the Prince of Darvis or the Princess of Lucraex.

It seems more fun to write for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help guys, (and ladies) I’ll try to make some improvements to attract more people. I think I’ll start with the title change :sweat_smile: again. Also Sophia
how did you manage to update everyday?? :confounded:

I toyed with making mine gender-locked for the two separate MCs, but they said it would not work as a contest entry that way so gender choice it is!

My WIP gets a lot less posts, but I am new to the forum, my story has no romance and it is sci-fi. Of course, it could also be because I stink. But I am writing this story no matter how fragrant I might be!

3 Likes

Takes one to know one

1 Like

In some time when people start to seeing you around they would eventually open your profile and ultimately come to your WiP. So the trick is to be around and post something helpful or funny ( well funny isn’t necessary but I like these type of posts :smirk: ).

3 Likes

To be honest, it is not a big concern for me. I like legitimate bug/typo finds or critiques and suggestions, and have been fortunate enough to get several of both, as well as invaluable assistance in my noob coding thread. Story discussion is also good. But a bunch of posts about shipping isn’t really that beneficial to the creative process. Just as long as there are some brace souls willing to step in as beta testers when I am done, the thread can stay low in posts and I won’t lose much sleep over it.

8 Likes

Cough Witch’s path cough

But seriously it kind of helps that people like your creations and that somewhat motivates the writer

Yeah, I actually don’t like a bunch of nonsense and off-topic chatter on my WIPs. I really appreciate it when testers drop by to spot errors and give feedback, but when it starts to get too random, I don’t think that helps.

3 Likes

Random is bad but I think until it stays to the WiP it’s good right.

If I would post a WiP I would like that people are fantasising about the game and are invested in it.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! It’s hard to put in exactly the right amount of things to generate the type of interest you want.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. Having people’s energy high and speculating about your characters is so important. It probably keeps many people writing who might not be able to sustain that energy otherwise. It’s been really hard keeping Tally Ho to myself for over a year! I’m really jealous of the WIPs who get that constant feedback, but I can see how tricky it can be to keep that constant update schedule going…

7 Likes

2 reasons.

• my school haven’t started yet.
  • and DEDICATION
2 Likes

“constant update schedule” you say :o ?

So far I’ve made the fans of The Magician’s Task wait 9 weeks for chapter 2. :innocent::innocent::innocent:

8 Likes

I have announced my game and don’t even have a demo yet xD

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what i’m not gonna do for my new WIP because i know there’s like a 50% chance i’ll stop writing it, so if i finish the game i’ll release it but until then i’m not gonna start a new topic for it.

2 Likes

i am hoping to have a demo by the end of the week though xD

1 Like

cool, and if you want to follow the advice i wrote earlier feel free, because that’s what ive been doing and it’s been more enjoyable to write than my last WIP

1 Like

Yeah there is some solid advice in this thread

2 Likes