Attollo [WIP] [Update 08.09.2021]

Cool beans, Thanks.

1 Like

I haven’t finished this yet bc I am slow, but wow what I have read so far is already amazing! I really love this detailed and expansive world that you’ve built, and I’m pretty what we’re seeing right now is only scratching the surface!

And all the characters are great too. I love the relationship MC has with their sibling because I have my own as well. I hope we can help them with whatever else they’re going through since I’m feeling rather protective of them lol. Also what’s really great about this story is how even the NPC and side characters feel so alive and interesting, like the convenience store guy and the bartender! Everyone is very memorable hehe. Looking forward to meet the rest of the colorful cast of Attollo characters and to learn more on what’s going on in this strange city :eyes:.

3 Likes

Will our character get powers of sorts or something or will it be the type where the mc just hones their natural skills? Not complaining or anything just really curious cause the power system for the npcs seems pretty cool

4 Likes

Thank you so much for all of these kind words!!! It makes me incredibly happy to hear how expansive and lifelike the city and chars seem; that’s always a worry!! I hope you can continue to enjoy the story with what’s to come!

Hello!! The MC will not get powers, as they were not born in Attollo and therefore don’t have the correct genetic mutations, but!! You will get opportunities to work on skills during later chapters! Also thank you, I’m glad you like the power system!!

5 Likes

Ya, our mc reminds me of the one from wayhaven books, especially since I chose the detective route in your book. I hope the our mc will have access to the technology in attolo like that dagger you can get early in the game

2 Likes

Quick update!! The first half of chapter 2 is currently being edited, and I’m working on the second half now (Pariah scenes, aaaaa!) so we’re looking in good shape for an early April update!

14 Likes

Part 1 of chapter 2 has been sneakily released to Patrons for feedback (so far so good!). Overall chapter 2 sits at 40k and it’s almost at the end…it’s gonna be a 50k+ update, folks. Enjoy the feast :sob:

8 Likes

Congrats on reaching 50k!!!

1 Like

CHAPTER 2 NOW AVAILABLE

After much trial, tribulation, and trouble with a thesis, I’m over the moon to announce the public release of chapter 2 for Attollo.

What this includes:

• Fun chats with the girls about intergalactic entities <3
  • You’re a vigilante, you’re a vigilante, we’re all a vigilante
  • Everyone loves interrogations in this city
  • The worst wake up call ever
  • Bar Hopping: The Sequel
  • “Who is this man and why does he look so angry?”

Other house business attended to:

• Guess what? All those ‘you’ choices? They’re ‘I’ choices now
  • Sauced up the glossary
  • Also sauced up some parts in the prologue and chapter 1

Total word count: 158,258 words w/o code ( 55,735 added w update)

61 Likes

It’s wonderful!! I’m kinda sad though that Gasper and Sylvester aren’t ROs :rofl: I’ll keep pining for them (Gasper especially :heart_eyes:)

14 Likes

yesss gasper has me absolutely smitten… plus i think he’s a decent guy, despite the situation we met him in lmao

7 Likes

Amy I love you :pleading_face::two_hearts: this update, amazing. Can’t wait until we get to give Operator a little smooch…

I love that you bolded the important stuff, thank you for that!! The new characters we’ve met are all incredibly fascinating, and (as always) your world-building is exceptional! It really feels like I’m walking through the steers of Attollo and feeling the atmosphere there, and the explanations given by the characters are super clear without feeling like just info dumping.

Also “you’re strong already, stronger than you know”??? Hello??? :pleading_face::pleading_face::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts: Hand in marriage maybe, :palms_up_together::ring::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for these kind words!!! I’m glad the bolding came across okay; I didn’t want to pull out the information down the line that was from previous chapters without giving you guys some kind of edge (especially with numbers). I’m glad to hear that the explanations don’t come across as info dumping either. That was definitely one thing I was worried about.

Also, major RT for the Pariah point—writing that made me emotional as well!!

I can safely assure you, based on the feedback I’ve received, that you are not alone in this mindset lmao.

4 Likes

Hahaha you just make them too lovable!!! And both of them are so my type :rofl::heart_eyes: so that doesn’t help any!

2 Likes

Love this!!! Gasper is just :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Can’t wait to read more:)

3 Likes

Just played the demo and love the game :blush::blush::blush: I’m keeping my fingers crossed that at some point we’ll be able to smooch our curmudgeonly teammate Deadlock~~ Tysm for sharing your writing! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

(morbid) Fun fact! Not sure if it’s intentional or not, but the title of the prologue is the same as title of the true crime book I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara. It’s about the real life serial killer, the Golden State Killer who was active during the 1970s. She got the title from a quote from one of his victims, he reportedly threatened her with the words “You’ll be silent forever, and I’ll be gone in the dark.” Absolutely horrifying. He got away with his crimes for YEARS, until one of his close relatives took one of those “23 and me”-type dna tests and it allowed them to trace his identity because of their genetic similarity. He was finally arrested last year, and was sentenced to life in prison.

8 Likes

I follow you on Tumblr, and I’m always in awe of your lore and world-building, and playing the game I feel the exact same way. Your descriptions and characterisation is amazing, and there are so many in-depth choices to choose from and I love that! Can’t wait for your next update and to see how your great game progresses <3

8 Likes

great story! Every page was thrilling and kept me wanting more; can’t wait for the next update!

lol apparently many characters I liked aren’t romanceable :pensive: :sweat_smile:
also; in Gasper’s case- is the “date question” just flavor text? He isn’t on the RO list

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! Also yes, it’s flavor text! If you get a high enough stat with him he asks; he’ll give you a card that will come in use later on if you get this!

3 Likes