Assorted Beginner Questions

I need help with the basic commands and codes like variables and that I just can’t get my head around it even with the guide

Are you having trouble with a specific command and variable or…?

Can you give a description of what you would like to achieve with the code?
For example: I want the character to choose which room to go into

And then paste the code you have tried, or which commands you are wanting to use/struggling with.

Like others have said, having a specific question posed to the forum would be best instead of a broad one.

Not sure which guide you’re using, but this interactive CSIDE tutorial might be of help if you haven’t already checked it out. When you open the App, click on the light bulb and then click import project and then run project to go through the tutorial.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Try this thread.

2 Likes

It might help to look at the code for other games–what I did when I was first learning CS (I could not for the life of me figure out how to make variable pronouns) I pulled up a game I liked in one tab and the code in the other and followed along as I played to see what it looked like. Maybe seeing the code and the finished product together will help?

What is an easy way to get the code?

When opening up a game, just add ‘‘scenes’’ behind the / in the URL.
Example: …/mygame/scenes/

1 Like

Check out this thread.

1 Like

Ok how would I get the code from that game to pull up?

Please use

Master List: Links for Beginners as a resource.

and How To See Other Games' Code (current info posted in OP and Post 146 on 6/18/19) for your question. Thanks!