Are you working on a game in ChoiceScript? Let us know!

I’m new to this forum, so I apologize if I am posting this to you the wrong way. I am currently working on a project, under the working title “Inheritance,” for the Hosted Games label. I have put a considerable amount of work into it, and, hopefully, I will be able to submit it to your company very soon.

1 Like

I have begun working on a Greek mythology/fantasy adventure game under the working title Children of the Gods. The story is highly centered around the MC’s personality and skills, but has an overall linear plot with several branches that play an important part in the story as a whole.

The MC is a Demigod, the child of one of the Gods and a mortal woman, and is also the reincarnation of the Essence, which is the source of absolute power in the universe. There is a war brewing, and the Gods want to use the Essence as a weapon to attain victory. But first, the player must endure a series of tests regarded as The Hero Trials in order to gain the trust of the Olympian’s, all while uncovering their true origins and conspiring against the blood thirsty Titan, Cronus.

I have the entire outline of the story written out with the exception of certain branches that create variables that alter the ending. There are three parts to the story, all with a minimum of six chapters each. As of now I have 30k words. I plan to have a play test up and running within the next week.

5 Likes

Ooh, shoot. Another Demigod game? I really need to up my act.

I was gonna make a Child of Zeus book. Basically, many of Zeus’ other sons and daughters think Zeus needs to be usurped from his throne. You can either fight with him, or against him. Of course, it’s not yet written, but it’s definitely gonna be written. Totally. For sure.

1 Like

I’m working on a game currently called The Pains Of War its a game where your a mech pilot but in my game they will be called personal battle armor or just P.B.A and i’m just finishing up the character
creation screen no clue how long it will take to finish as i’m making it whenever i have a break from my job and have a bit of downtime but i plan to make it a long game.

1 Like

I’m working on a game called mythical roommates. I don’t want tell to much until I almost finish the game

1 Like

Hello, I’ve emailed your staff already so this post may be a bit redundant (apologies if I got that the wrong way round and was expected to post here first).

I’m aiming to send you a ‘The Aegis Saga - Blood’ in the next 3 to 4 weeks, I’m hoping that you will consider it for the Hosted Games label.

‘The Aegis Saga - Blood’ is currently being beta-tested on the forum. Chapters 0-6 have been tested and the final chapters 7-9 are being released to the beta testers some time within the next 8 days.

The story is a fantasy, intended as a 3 part series, currently 320,000 words long (including code). It looks like @defenestratin will likely be providing the artwork.

3 Likes

I am working on a game which I hope to finish. But I’ve only just begun. Also, do I just need to submit and work things out from there or do you need details about me before I can even consider it being submitted? I’ve read the thing on hosted games submitting but I’m still unsure, being new to these sort of things.

1 Like

Have Human, Will Travel! (otherwise known as the sequel to So, You’re Possessed!), is getting ready to start beta by October. Hopefully, we will have a full game to submit before the end of the year, but I will update when it has officially began testing.

10 Likes

Me and a friend(the user Nerull) have been working on this project for the past few months.

It is called Highlands, Deep Waters, a detective/investigation story with lovecraftian themes and a focus on realistic, forensically accurate descriptions on crime scenes.

The prologue can be found here.

We plan to have the full game done around February 2017.

3 Likes

Working on a Halloween / monster themed game directed towards a younger audience: Felipe Femur: Choice Adventures. Help Felipe Femur the skeleton solve the mystery of his missing friend, Gummy the toothless werewolf. Two more segments to come (Trick or Shriek and Ole Haunted Bathhouse). Carnival Caper segment demo available to play now. Suggestions welcome.

3 Likes

I’m working on a fantasy-genre game called The Masked Mirror, though I’m not sure if I would have it published.

It takes place in a world filled with Clans: factions of different races with different Abilities. Your own character is a member of the Seer Clan, but a number of complications lead them to becoming exiled. Their only chance of redeeming themself is retrieving the lost Source of Power of the Seer Clan, which your character was unjustly framed for.

There are a lot more details, but I haven’t stated them here for purposes of keeping this brief. That above is the bare minimum, but you should be able to get the gist :grin:

1 Like

I am writing a game. You play a lowly office worker who is working hard to solve all the problems that arise in the company you work for…oh sorry that’s reality, my bad. I have only just started the game and although I have a handle on the story but I have no idea on how to code. Still cannot be as bad as G.A.C. oh god just showed my age, still maybe no one noticed the reference. Anyway maybe by next year I will have some more detail to post.

1 Like

I’ve been writing books for years, but I’ve stayed unpublished mostly out of fear. I sort of have a dream of signing on as a writer for a gaming company. I started writing in Choicescript last summer, but I sadly have two major things going against me:

1. I have a lot of ideas and so it’s hard to finish just one. I"m working on that and devoting myself to one or two right now.

2. I work a full time job, I’m married, and I have a three year old.

Altogether, my timelines are a bit backed up.

I have quite a few stories started, but the one I’m working on right now is a modern day Magical society living in and around our world. It, like many of my other stories is going to have several other story arcs that overlap with several details, for instance if you make a decision or witness something big happen, another of my stories will either reference it or will be greatly affected by it.

I have 5 other story arcs set up and ready to go, just in this society, but the time to write is slow.

You’re playing a young magician in this society where magic is only available to people after the age of seventeen because of the chaotic nature of magic being able to corrupt young people.

If you make too many harsh decisions before you’re strong enough, the magic will take you over and you become a demon. Game over. But that’s only a small hint on the scale of this. I’m still working on a name for this particular arc, but this reality is labeled “Prime Sorcere.”

I’m not sure how many books long it’ll be, but I’m seeing at least 3 so far.

I have more stories on the way, but this is just my first step putting my name out there!

5 Likes

I’m starting on a fantasy game called Dragonblood, which puts you in the role of someone who deals with dragons, either violently, intelligently, or lovingly. I don’t know how long before it’ll be published, but someday it will happen unless I die before I complete it.

2 Likes

I’m working on my first story here, a WW2 era novel. This will focus on the Western front, and the player gets to choose the nation they fight for straight from the get-go. The premise stays the same, but the uniform changes.

1 Like

I’m working on one which I was hoping to have submitted before the contest was over but it doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. It’s very early stages and I only recently got a handle on the… intricacies of choicescript. Still I might be putting a demo up in like a month, does that count?

1 Like

I’ve been working on a game for awhile now. It’s my first ChoiceScript game—in fact, it’s my first game ever! It’s a relatively short (~50k words, including code) fantasy/horror game and I’m hoping to post a full, open beta on Halloween day. I’ll be making a thread for it soon! :smiley:

4 Likes

Is this thread still open?

Nowadays, people generally announce their games with a WIP post, so I’m not sure this old thread serves any purpose.