Are you working on a game in ChoiceScript? Let us know!

Hello. I was been out of the forum for a while.

recently begin to try to code a choicescript game of my own. But sadly is only for readers of my native Language…

It is realy very early but if you are curious and whant to take a look here is the Link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/s42e9doos8tmj06/O%20Principado.html?dl=0

The name is Il Principatibus

1 Like

@Nahim_Kerman, it’s not just for people who speak your language apparently, because somewhere along the line, my phone learned to auto translate porteguise into rough english. I haven’t read too much yet, but I like what you have.

1 Like

I’m working on a game called “Switch” (just the working title for now), where you play as a man who comes home for the holidays and is immediately told to pay back and old debt he owes his twin brother- by switching places with him on an important date that inevitably is going to go horribly, horribly wrong.

2 Likes

I’m currently working on a game called The Climb
(Title and picture subject to change)

You, playing as a young man, decide to go on a mountain climbing trip with friends. Choices range from what you will bring on the trip, what path you will take, and who will do what first. It is believed currently that the game will have 6-10 endings, though this could change at any time. Expected finishing date is mid-late 2016. No playable test/demo is out yet, but one is expected to be released in early 2016

o7

Sup.

I’m working on a full-fledged interactive novel titled: Cadet Life.

It centers on a character who decides to join the military and the inherent dilemmas/choices they will face.
It also has proper use of operational tactics and theory of war (as laid out in military sciences, not social sciences).

Just started - estimated time from start-to-finish around January 2016.

Aim of the game is to improve my game design capabilities as well as narrative storytelling. Currently studying game programming in Kajaani University of Applied Sciences and so I thought a ChoiceScript game would be a nice add-on to my fledgling portfolio.

I enjoyed couple of your games quite a bit, and am looking forward to contributing and hopefully will be able to make and write lots more and get them published via ChoiceofGames.

Cheers and good work all of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okyday!

I’m working on a title called: My Imaginary
Base descript:
-you take on the role of a young adult with a dark and unfortunate past
-struggling with your own trauma while ‘something’ stirs these forgotten memories up
-your imaginary friend from your past comes back as a mysterious and powerful creature
-but its not the only of its kind and one of these ‘others’ is on the hunt
whether you survive with your sanity intact is up to your actions and if you’re able to accept your ‘friend’ your past and the new monster that is hunting you, those like you and everyone you care about.

Its a dark edgy story.
I don’t have an approximate due date since this is a first for me but if I’d guess it’d be finished around a year give or take.
and the playtest link is in the WIP thread

In the process of converting Draconic Challenges (Windhammer entry) across to choicescript. (Try to get hold of a dragon egg and successfully train it for competition racing).

It needs more writing to expand and round it out more + still getting the story to transfer some some dice challenges to text based options, so probably still a way off.

hi!! a friend and i are working on a game, titled The 3Games - we have no estimated date as to when it could be finished yet, but we have prepared a description of the game & a current preview of the first 5 chapters (can still change) in a post on her blog which you can find here

Hi there, everyone. I’m the author of Mabelin and the Demon Trials, and the Hosted Games, Trial of the Demon Hunter and Captive of Fortune, and I have started on a new WIP called Journey of the Chess Master.

Although I don’t expect to finish it for another couple years because it will be very long and I’m also dividing my time between Demons Among Men, Winter of the Bovine, and Colonising Kepler 62e: Paradox, I am working on this regularly. The synopsis is as follows:

You are five years old, and you notice an old wooden chess set left out after your fathers had played a game. You are intrigued, although at that time you aren’t sure if it’s just because you are competitive at heart, it looks really fun, or you just REALLY want to beat your dads at the game.

Either way, you eventually become enthralled with the game. You begin by just playing around with the castles and ponies but eventually have your parents teach you the game and even watch them while they play. As you grow older, you can choose to practice by playing games online, study chess books, or just continue to play for fun.

Sometime in your elementary school years, you join the scholastic chess club and it is then that everyone realizes that you have serious chess talent, some even going as far as to label you a prodigy. From there, it’s your choice about to approach things. Over the years, you will develop a specific playing style. Will you be a cautious positional player, a sharp tactical player, or an attacking maniac who would sacrifice anything in order to checkmate your opponent?

Will you content yourself with becoming a National Master where you could secure a comfortable job as a scholastic chess tutor and occasionally win state championships, or will you devote every spare second to the game and become a distinguished Grandmaster who has their sights set on the World Champion title? It’s your choice, mate.

DEMO: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/220021851/journey%20of%20the%20chess%20master/dfabulich-choicescript-2bf3e07/web/mygame/index.html

Hey there,

I recently started to write my own story called ‘A little bit of Time’.
When you thought that you are going to die in a car accident, you close your eyes and brace yourself for the impact, which surprisingly never came. As you notice that nothing is happening, you see that you reversed time and are in the past for a moment and prevent the accident and save your brother and sister.

Knowing that this is not normal, you seek answers to gain more knowledge about your gift while an organization called Neverend is after you. After you managed to jump through time into the past as well as future, you try to prevent the deaths of many people while searching for answers regarding your parents death.

During your gameplay, you meet many different people and make friends as well as enemies, depending on your choices. And perhaps you even manage to find a lover?

Well, that’s it in a nutshell I guess.
I am going to add a thread about testing later, so if anyone would be interested, just tell me. ^^

Anyway, does anyone know how I can upload the Prolog on Dropbox and it shows it normaly like if you click on the index.html link? I can’t seem to figure it out…

EDIT: I will leave a link here to my game :smile: Right now,there is a preview showing the prologue and hopefully soon the first chapter (or at least part of it)

I am working on a long form kinda thing. Currently I need to finish converting from Twine to Choice Script, as well as reset the text back to first person. Neither of those things were working for me (Twine or second person POV).

Mine is definitely more Interactive Fiction than it is Choose Your Own Adventure. The reader is not the character (feel lucky, there is much crazy going on there), but as I was writing in novel form I noticed there were all these little points in the story were minor decisions could completely change the outcome and impact of the events.

I don’t think the end result will be exactly what people expect from IF, hopefully it will be interesting enough to overcome that disconnect. I plan to have a demo up soon. I need feedback before I get to far into it, as I’ve been living with it too long to be able to really judge the efficacy of the result.

I’ve (finally) got a project in the works! (Which is probably a good reason to stop lurking and activate this account, right?) Never worked in ChoiceScript before, but it should be all coded by the end of the month. It’s all written already, at least.

It’s a mystery-solving dealie, set in a private school. No romance because I can’t write romance, plenty of blood and dead bodies because I can write that, amnesiac protagonist because why not, protagonist can be male or female because I don’t like gender-locked games. (It’s not actually intended to be a ripoff of Dangan Ronpa but damn does it sound like one with that description.) I’ll get a demo up as soon as I can figure out how.

I’ve begun working on a game. The current title is Myths & Legends: The Battle Mage beginning. Title seems lengthy to me and is subject to change. I’ve worked out a part of the prologue and the coding (writing and coding at the same time.) I will not be making a thread until I have at least chapter 1 somewhat done, but I’m serious about this so I figured I should post here and let you all know that I’ve stopped being lazy and started on my own ChoiceScript game :slightly_smiling: and will have a thread for it soon.

1 Like

I am working on a story that combines “superheroes” (Marvel and DC have the term trademarked so I use other expressions) and a boarding school mystery. The working title is ‘Sidekick Academy’.

You play as the delinquent oldest child of two superheroes sent to this school to reform your ways, only to discover some of the teachers are recruiting students for Evil, not Good. You have to decide if a traumatic event in your past is the origin story your Hero overcomes, or the catalyst to a path of evil. There are 5 ‘romancible’ characters. Player can be male, female, gay, or straight.

Two chapters are completed, and currently I’m demo’ing them specifically for people I know and I’m close to, so the demo isn’t public yet. I assume the story will be completed about two months from now.

I have started working on a game called Faera. It is a medieval RPG with not that much story but it is supposed to have more freedom for where the character can go. I would say I am 25% complete, I am going to debug what I have a let some people play it and tell me what I need to fix. I love working on this game and I want to work on new games.

I’m working on a game called Kingdom of the Pharaoh. It takes place in a fantasy version of egypt called Kamak. The MC is crowned the Pharaoh after his father dies and must keep the kingdom from falling apart in the face of monsters roaming the sands, raiders from the south, and the growing threat of the Pyrrhic Empire.
The games a long way from being finished I’ve just barely started on the first chapter.

5 Likes

This is a week late but no harm in being fashionably late!

I’m currently working on a game called The Chaos State (working title.) It is a fantasy elves, dwarfs, Orcs and mages game set in modern times. The MC is a smuggler working within free state of California, a place ran by anarchism and crime lords. You, your partner and trusted hellhound find yourselves dragged into a conspiracy they simply can’t run away from.

This game will take a lot of time and effort to create. I currently have a playtest including half of the Prologue so far.

1 Like

I’m currently working on a game called Song of the Fallen. It’s a high fantasy adventure, with player as a young boy from a quiet and secluded town drawn into the centre of a complex world of gods, magic and political machinations. The game is unfortunately gender locked, however this was not a decision meant in any way to exclude, but instead was chosen due to customs within the game world and various narrative reasons that would require far off spoilers to delve into.

I already have a WIP up and running with most of the first two chapters written. I hope to have my first draft of the entire game completed by the end of 2016, after which it’ll go through a few rounds of edits and revisions before submission.

2 Likes

Greetings! I’ve just joined the forum. I used to write a lot of multiple choice games/stories for the browser way, way back. And when I found your games here I thought it could be fun try to convert one of my games using your scrips. I’m still just trying to get my bearings and figure out how to write the code and everything.

The title of my game is Rise of Darkness. It is a sci-fi game set in a future where humanity has left Earth and settled on other planets. The player take on the role of a Special Agent sent to investigate a distress call coming from one of the border planets.

The game focuses on the player’s interaction with the other characters and will include options for romance. But like I said, I’m still trying to get the hang of everything so I’m in no rush to try and get it published or anything.

3 Likes

I’m working on the first story in a series of stories, each with multiple books planned out. I haven’t figured out the title of the series itself but I’ll definitely have it finished by the time I’m through with it. The stories are based off of the basic rpg character classes. The first book is titled “Choice of the Assassin.” I’ve been working on it for a few weeks and I’m getting closer to it being done.

Anyways, I have 4 more volumes planned for choice of the Assassin. And I have a few other stories planned out. Another is called “Choice of the Caster” which is based in the same fictional land as the other books but it takes place through the eyes of an aspiring mage. I actually have more specialized books that I plan to release like “Choice of the Reaper” or “Choice of the Necromancer.” I plan to wait until much later to write those to completion, though.

I have a system that I plan to write using the Choicescript code that will let the player select the previous ending of the story for a specialized start in the following volumes. I’m calling the stat “End-Code” and they input it at the start of the volume or select a separate option that will give them a standard storyline start.

Since the stories take place in the same land, different adventurers will affect the story just like the player will and there will be bits of story crossover assuming a standard set of choices that the player CAN have chosen in the other stories.

It’s a work in progress but I already have the code mechanics worked out.
I was having a few problems that arose when I was cleaning up my code but I fixed them.