AotC in our universe?

I was just wondering, what time period would the game be set in? I know the gender equality and gay rights don’t really fit in anywhere before the 1900s, but because of the style of monarchy and the social activities, I think it is somewhere between the 1500s and 1800s.

Any thoughts?

What is AotC?

Affairs of the Court

Oh yeah, I knew that. I haven’t played that one.

My guess is that it’s a combination of late Reconquista Spain (With Sahra as a stand-in for Grenada), the apex of Habsburg Spain (What with the introduction of a stand-in for practical firearms, and the player’s family being an impoverished Hidalgo line straight out of Cervantes. The name of the Monarch’s chief councillor immediately brought Shakespeare’s contemporary Felix Lope de Vega y Carpio to my mind as well.) with the plot being lifted from King Henry VIII’s courtship of Anne Boleyn (Bluff King Hal was a big jouster, just like the Monarch in AotC, and playing hard-to-get until the monarch proposes marriage was one of the strategies Anne Boleyn used in real life as well.

So, put it down as anywhere from the late 1400s to the early 1600s.

I thought you meant Attack of the Clones xD

@Cataphrak well, he was a big jouster for a while, until he became just big!

@Redgrave
Well, after you’ve had one near-fatal accident while still heirless, your privy council tends to get nervous. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the same thing with the monarch in AotC as well.

That being said. A small part of me wanted the option to become a rotund, capricious lecher after seizing power at the end of part 3: “Oi’m Henery the Eighth oi am, Henery the Eighth oi am, oi am…”

I’m Spanish so I could tell you that Cataprak is accurate. I could tell approximately 1450 until 1492 but style goes well all XVI. But all nobility wars with Agilar its really similar to Castilla civil war when Isabel I fight against her gay brother and lately with the Beltraneja. All that new weapon to commoners its a paralelism to our first permanent army and the use of new artillery devices to conquer Granada also Isabel I was known to discover America and write a last will constitution well recognize rights to America indigenous tribes and their soul. This was the reason we started dealing with African slaves in the colonies, due we couldn’t slavish American we picked Africans instead.