An Office Romance Game--Updated April 10, 2019

I’m so ready for an update for this one. I spent my whole 5 minutes of playing trying to make the mean girl like me x)

@Valakai I’m glad you like the game! Lol yes Jillian is quite the challenge. I’ve uploaded the next part today. Please feel free to play and comment :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone! New content up today! I’ve gotten a few comments regarding the botanical project so I wanted to cover that next. That’s probably going to be the upcoming part’s focus also (with an underlying romance theme.) As always, thank you for playing and commenting. I appreciate all the helpful comments and feedback I get :slight_smile:

Hello :slight_smile: Story update today! It’s not as long as my past updates have been, but I’m finding it’s easier for me to work on the story in smaller sections. As I mentioned in the thread previously, the story continues on with the “project.”

Please please play and comment! Feedback regarding plot, character, or stat development appreciated! Or even where you’d like to story to go next. Or any other helpful comments. Thanks in advance!

Just in case:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136119576/web/mygame/index.html

Nice looking good

I’m watching this game it looks really cool.

I hearby formaly protest. I am in dispair, my soul placed in perpetual purgatory plaintiffly pleading pathetically…

Yet I truely cannot deny how sweet the torture your pen has wrouht apon me.

Being of a stout sort I wil endover to stand fast as I wait for the verdict I know to be undeniably true in my heart.

That with good Marks aid we did crush, nae dearest I say decimated the opposing team so soundly the shame will carry to their children.

Yet until your pen has made its final stroke I must sit and ponder. Well done I say.

@JLBH and @Beezlebub thank you for the comments :slight_smile:

I’ll be uploading a new section soon! The main character will be giving her presentation and it’s up to you how well it goes. The mini-chapter’s been written. I’m just editing to incorporate more of the stats. Hopefully you guys like it! Let me know what you’d like to see next in the story. Thanks for playing!

Hi again everyone! I was able to finish writing today so the new chapter is up (yay!) Please play and feel free to comment. Thank you!

@CammyCamaro This is amazing, it’s a new concept that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before in ChoiceScript so I think this is pretty spectacular. Great job so far!

Sorry wrote this before having coffee and for some odd reason had V for Vendetta roaming around in my head.

Anyways I did notice two a’s in the following text.

the pofitable uses of a a newly discovered plant from the Amiazion.

Otherwise great story.

Nrrirheiyeiyeiuyeiuygekiueuuen Mark, Tyler, and Billy are all so great I just don’t even know what I’m gonna do kiigsjkkehhe

Nice keep it up

1 Like

@Random: Thank you for playing! I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

@lordirishdas: Lol thank you for saying you like my work in such a poetic way. Found the grammar error and fixed it. Thank you!

@alleykae Don’t forget, Anne and Jillian are potential love interests as well :wink: However, Jillian is your rival so she’ll be harder to win over.

@JLBH: Thank you!

I’m gonna start writing the next section this weekend so hopefully I’ll have new content up soon!

Super late to the party here but I love this. Jillian WILL SURRENDER TO MY CHARM. Or I’ll surrender to her intensity. Whichever happens first, I’m down. Oh and I guess there are other characters, too.

Other than that, I love the game in general. The descriptions are great, the characters are radical, and the setting and style are neat. Definitely looking forward to its completion.

One question, can you help your co-workers hook up with each other? I would totally help Billy get with Anne. I’m not sure Mark and Tyler swing that way, though.

Oh, Jillian… Why won’t you love me?! How much kindness must I force upon you?! :((

Seriously, though, love the update. Still feel awful for Billy, though. In that horrible, horrible “I don’t want to reject you, so I’m just going to avoid you” sort of way. :frowning:

@SpaceLesbian: Lol yes Jillian is a challenge! No, I haven’t built anything where you can help people get together but that’s a great idea! I’m don’t know how I’m gonna code it, but it’s something I’d like to integrate. It would a fun and interesting facet to the story.

@CS_Closet: I’m not sure what’s gonna happen to Billy yet (although part of that depends on the player!) but if I can integrate SpaceLesbian’s idea then maybe Billy can have a happy ending too.

I’m about halfway writing the next installment so please stay tuned! Hoping to upload it the within the next few days. Thank you all for playing and commenting :slight_smile: I’m off to write!

Hello Everyone! New content up today :slight_smile: Spoiler alert: you get to fight your nemesis Jillian (or not fight, your choice). Hopefully you guys enjoy the next chapter. Please feel free to comment and write what you’d like to see next. Thanks for playing!

Can I ask how you know that you are in a relationship with the coworkers?

line 44: Non-existent variable ‘jillan’
line 51: Invalid indent, expected at least one ‘choice’

@Aera: Early in the game you’re not exclusively dating anyone. I wanted to keep the romances open ended until I figured out how I wanted to story to end. It would be difficult if player’s could choose to be exclusive with a partner early on in the game since I would have to write alternate story lines for all 5 potential (if at all) partners. It’s probably something I will incorporate towards the end of the story.

@Aquila: Thanks for the heads up. I was able to fix those coding mistakes.