Addressing the Different Types of WiPs

That was indeed my question!

It’s been a long, long day…

2 Likes

So I just moved my old ChoiceScript game for school into the Hobby Projects category, but it forced me to delete some story-specific tags (#gender-locked-male, #low-fantasy, etc.). The only tags available are more generic ones like #gender, which I decided to tag the game because it was the only one out of the available tags that was at least kind of relevant.

Which leads up to my question — can the available tags for WiPs also be available for HPs? It would definitely make it easier for me to quickly judge whether a demo is personally appealing to me, and probably would help with organization too.

4 Likes

Does the new HP section have the same 30-day-inactivity autolock for threads that the WIP category has?

3 Likes

As of right now, it looks like it’s currently set to two months. Of course, even if the system automatically locks a thread, all an author needs to do is contact any moderator or leader to reopen it.

I’m sure that once it gets more populated, we’ll have a better idea of what an appropriate timeframe will look like. For all we know, two months could be bang on! We’ll just have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Quick question:
If one was to create a hobby project with adult content, should they put it in the adult section, and then put ‘HP’ in the title?

Yes, I think that would be the right course of action if the adult content was within the Adult Content guidelines! I would personally also put something in the body of the first post if there’s a need (like “this is a Hobby Project so please give xyz types of feedback”) but that’s not a requirement by any means!

5 Likes