A Tinder-esque Romance Game

Hi @N-Rogue. The engine could be changed to fit your game, if needed. Lunchtime at St. Expeditus is a beautiful example of what can be done if you want to push the envelope. But make sure you have a strong story. You could try to start writing assuming you can build that interface (I could help you, if you need). Are the characters well rounded? Is the swipe a driving element or just a gimmick? Also, how would it work on a laptop?

I was also intrigued by the snapshot @pizzamarket sent from AlterEgo. The game has a custom JS flavor, with commands like *lifemap. For those curious, have a peek here: https://www.playalterego.com/scenes/navigator.txt

Happy New Year to all!

2 Likes

Hi,
I’m not sure how much help this’ll be but your idea reminded me of some existing projects.

Tinder actually released an interactive story version of the app called Swipe Night. I’ve never used the app myself but maybe you can check it out.

There is also an app called Lovelink which uses a fictional version of Tinder to match you with a character. It does have a lot of paid content but maybe it can give you some ideas.

The Reigns game series makes heavy use of the swipe mechanic for the flow of its story. Might be worth checking out.

1 Like

i’m actually… really into this idea. i think done well it could be interesting.

This can actually be solved by making the player date some preset variables instead of characters. The RO characters could be procedurally generated skins of those variables. This way you could have an endless amount of ROs but then again, they would probably repeat itself and be soulless at some point.

2 Likes