A Tale of Heroes (WIP) - 218k words. Updated 12/17/2023 with Chapter 6: Part One!

:smirk_cat::kissing_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

also now that i think about it the percentage for powers raised to fast, so if this is just the beggining of it you might want to reduce their growth rate

1 Like

Not sure itā€™s needed, remember the dream : everything is in MCā€™s reach.

There seems to be an error when choosing female name, I choose Maria as my name but in the end the name is Aura

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in quickly and thank you all again for reporting any typos/errors and letting me know your thoughts, I really appreciate it. Everything that has been brought up so far should be fixed when I upload the next update.

Which, speaking of, shouldnā€™t be too far off. School started last Saturday (I know, weird. Who starts school on a saturday?), and it took a wrench to my schedule, so I havenā€™t been dedicating as much time to writing as I normally do. Still, every day I try to pull off around a thousand words or so, and right now I should be halfway done with what I consider the hardest part of Chapter 2.

The rest of Chapter 2 will be far simpler, since it doesnā€™t really have much branching, and itā€™s back to an area Iā€™m more comfortable on, so it should take me a lot less time than what I am currently doing.

So stay tuned! :grinning:

8 Likes

A good WIP by a good friend, proud to see you put pen to paper in this man.

Rooting for you.

2 Likes

Okay, so I donā€™t know about you guys, but Iā€™m the kind of person that needs some sort of visual aid in order to properly imagine characters when Iā€™m playing games. Iā€™m not really good at drawing, and normally getting commissions is hard since, like, Iā€™m poor, which means I normally scroll through Pixlr and pick one of the character makers for my DnD OCs, and that kind of thing.

Yesterday was a surprisingly light day for me, so I spent a chunk of my afternoon scrolling through said site, and I found this amazing creator. In fact, I liked it enough that I ended up doing some of the characters of this story, which Iā€™d like to share with you. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Theyā€™re not official, of course, but they should serve as some reference of what the characters should look like while I scrounge up money for proper art of them. Here:

Forlorn

Seeker

Aki

Ignis (Laura Coltello)

Dark Star

Nova

Latooni Kitamura

????

??? ????? ?????

Iā€™ll also leave a link to the maker, in case you guys would like to share what your own characters look like! :grin:

https://picrew.me/image_maker/574511

Do show your (reluctant?) heroes! :smile:

hides back in CSIDE

14 Likes

Lol whoever this character is, I love them
:kissing_cat::yum::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Do you have or are you thinking of getting a tumbler for the game?

Iā€™ve never really used Tumblr before (Iā€™m kind of a social media noob in some instances, haha), though I see a lot of authors nowadays tend to have them.

Are they really useful?

2 Likes

That depends on your ā€œinteractionā€ goals. Youā€™ve got to set ground rules of what you are, and are not comfortable answering for instance. Most author dev blogs are used to answer questions about the characters (individually, or as a group) the world they reside in, and even make progress reports on where youā€™re at in your own WIP.

Theyā€™re by no means mandatory, but they are a popular way of setting up a community platform that doesnā€™t strictly require an account to interact (if anons are allowed to ask questions, too, that is).

2 Likes

They mostly make it easy for authors and fans to talk, ask questions, and release info on progress and updates

2 Likes

Ah, I see! That sounds like a pretty fun way of interacting with players. Iā€™ll try to set one up after Iā€™m done with work today.

Thank you both! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Update! Blog is out!

Hop on over if you have any questions or comments. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey, everyone! How are you all?

Those of you on Tumblr may see my latest post, but I wanted to update all you forumgoers here about the situation regarding A Tale of Heroes.

First of all, Iā€™d like to apologize with everyone first for not really communicating, as I was pretty sick. I was bedridden for quite a while, so I was unable to dedicate much time to writing, which is why the update is taking so long to come out.

But! Iā€™m feeling a lot better now, and Iā€™ve been getting back into the swing of things this week. I can promise you guys that Iā€™ll have an update out before the end of the weekend. :grin:

If things continue as they have been, the update will be approximately 15k words (give a little, take a little), as itā€™s the rest of Chapter 2 (The chapter itself is currently at 12k words or so).

The update will introduce the players to the last two romance options, alongside some optional insight into some of the MCā€™s companions, including a certain someoneā€™s attachment toā€¦ well, youā€™ll have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

And, who knows, you might get to tell President Stratton what you think of his speech about you at the beginning of Chapter 1ā€¦

Meanwhile, to tide you over until the update is out (Sunday at the latest, folks!), please take a look at this gorgeous commission I had done by the insanely talented Daniann__ over at Instagram.

Say hello to Seeker, Ignis and, hm, well, I guess Forlorn doesnā€™t look like he wants to be there muchā€¦

Please, stay tuned! Our heroic tale (ahh, get it? ;p) is just beginning!

----------ā€----------------------------------ā€----------
Oh! And also, if you have any suggestions on the kind of stuff youā€™d like to see me post over at the Tumblr blog, please, let me know! Iā€™m up for all your ideas!

21 Likes

Finally I was wondering when there was going to be an update. Iā€™m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Glad youā€™re feeling better! Looking forward to the update!

Seeker ! Waves a hello. ~ :hugs:

2 Likes

Okay, well, to be fair, itā€™s still Sunday in Los Angeles, so Iā€™ll take that as me totally sticking to my promise.

New update is out!

Itā€™s the entire rest of Chapter 2, and it has become 20,768 words long, bringing the total word count to 47k+, excluding the code.

Some notes on what to expect:

Please, have fun! And tell me what you think of thatā€¦ ā€œreceptionā€ the team is given.

Now, if youā€™ll excuse meā€¦

me irl

17 Likes

:joy_cat::smirk_cat::roll_eyes: sly moveā€¦

:roll_eyes::smirk_cat::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These sound funā€¦

1 Like