A slight problem on stats

Sorry about this, I’m quite new to this, but I think I’ve understood it rather well up until now…
Just a small question; how do you change the name of your stats screen? XD
I know in Choice of Dragon, the stats page was called ‘My Dragon’, and since I am doing a bodyguard-type game (I am undergoing two, one with my friend, and one by myself, for fun! :D); I wanted to name it ‘Rulebook’.
If anyone would be obliged help, I would be very thankful!

Open Index.html (the on in the same folder as mygame.js) and find the line that says:
<button id="statsButton" onclick="showStats()">Show Stats</button>

Replace “Show Stats” with whatever you want the button to read.

For other talk on the buttons see: http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/106/multiple-stat-screens/p1 (A discussion on creating multiple buttons.)

I hope that helps.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to include < code> / < /code> and forum though I was actually telling it to include the button. >.<

Thanks for your answer, but umm, I cant open Index.html ^^;
It just goes onto the game ._. I’m so sorry T_T
What should I do now? >’’__<

open index.html in an editor, such as Dreamweaver, notepad or anything else to edit a web page.

notepad++
great program

Right click, and choose ‘Open With’ then choose ‘Choose Program’ then choose a text editing program. I’d recommend (like @Txu) Notepad++ (Free, just Google it).

I’m thirding Notepad ++

Okay thanks! :slight_smile: I uploaded it via Webs.com, because my zip file didnt work :confused: I unzipped it via it :smiley:

Know the topic is old but did a search and read all topics I could find.

I changed on the index file.

Lapstone Yet it fails to change the name when I load the web page. Is there some where else I need to change to make this happen. Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Changing the text of the Show Stats Button

You’re probably better off starting a new topic, as opposed to reviving one that’s five years old. I overlooked this.

According to the wiki there was a change that happened in choicescript in 2012 that renders this topic obsolete. If you’d like to start a new topic and explain what your issue is we can help.

Also check out (which is also extremely old)